+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Songs with crap guitar solos

  1. #1

    Songs with crap guitar solos

    Post 'em up here, let's have songs which are let down by crap guitar solos - whether badly written or just played as if the guitarist was wearing boxing gloves. To get you started:

    Asia - Heat Of The Moment
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYZq_DlRBHQ

    Rolling Stones - Sympathy For The Devil
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBecM3CQVD8

    Edwyn Collins - A Girl Like You
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYFz4pKclyA

    Pat Benatar - Shadows Of The Night
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHeZZ00ku7k

    Arctic Monkeys - Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQNyTo4k_TA



    Please note: This thread is for decent songs with crap solos. Not crap songs with crap solos like this one:

    Adam Green - Dance With Me
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5325RtmKpEQ

  2. #2

    Re: Songs with crap guitar solos

    Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMvGkBdV_OU

  3. #3

    Re: Songs with crap guitar solos

    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMvGkBdV_OU
    He did say not crap songs mind.

  4. #4
    Reserve Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Pantygasseg, Pontypool
    Posts
    138

    Re: Songs with crap guitar solos

    Gene Vincent was my favourite R'nR performer and he surrounded himself with some great guitar players - like Cliff Gallup, Johnny Meeks and Johnny Merritt. Yet for some reason he decided to play the solo on Somebody Help Me. He appears to get his fingers stuck between the strings during at least two passages. Eddie Cochran was on back-up vocals. Wonder what he thought of Gene's efforts. Somebody should certainly have helped Gene.


  5. #5

    Re: Songs with crap guitar solos

    My favourite R.E.M. Song ( although they are a very hot and Miss band for me)
    What's the frequency Kenneth.
    ****ing dreadful solo 😂
    http://youtu.be/jWkMhCLkVOg

  6. #6

    Re: Songs with crap guitar solos

    The Doors - Riders on the Storm https://youtu.be/iv8GW1GaoIc

  7. #7

    Re: Songs with crap guitar solos

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Post 'em up here, let's have songs which are let down by crap guitar solos - whether badly written or just played as if the guitarist was wearing boxing gloves. To get you started:

    Asia - Heat Of The Moment
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYZq_DlRBHQ

    Rolling Stones - Sympathy For The Devil
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBecM3CQVD8

    Edwyn Collins - A Girl Like You
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYFz4pKclyA

    Pat Benatar - Shadows Of The Night
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHeZZ00ku7k

    Arctic Monkeys - Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQNyTo4k_TA



    Please note: This thread is for decent songs with crap solos. Not crap songs with crap solos like this one:

    Adam Green - Dance With Me
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5325RtmKpEQ
    Not accepting Sympathy for the devil.
    Theres a crunch at the end of the solo which is one of my favorite guitar sounds ever committed to tape.

    Though I do have to admit that I fekin hate guitar solos unless they are short and sweet anyway.

  8. #8

    Re: Songs with crap guitar solos

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He did say not crap songs mind.
    I thought there must be a bit of wiggle room considering Lardy included Pat Benatar.

  9. #9

    Re: Songs with crap guitar solos

    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I thought there must be a bit of wiggle room considering Lardy included Pat Benatar.
    A very fair point!

  10. #10

    Re: Songs with crap guitar solos

    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I thought there must be a bit of wiggle room considering Lardy included Pat Benatar.
    All contributions so far come under the 'decent' banner. Maybe competent or professional or commercial, then,

    As for Sympathy For The Devil, that's staying in, no cool chunky noises can recoup that aural disaster.

  11. #11

    Re: Songs with crap guitar solos

    The crap guitar solo of all crap guitar solos.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hcZ4s9cvpw

  12. #12

    Re: Songs with crap guitar solos

    I struggled for about 6 months trying to get this crappy solo down. Never did get it right...


  13. #13

    Re: Songs with crap guitar solos

    Quote Originally Posted by Ring_Peace View Post
    The Doors - Riders on the Storm https://youtu.be/iv8GW1GaoIc

    Correct me if I'm wrong buddy but isn't that an electric piano solo. Such a great song though.

  14. #14

    Re: Songs with crap guitar solos

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Not accepting Sympathy for the devil.
    Theres a crunch at the end of the solo which is one of my favorite guitar sounds ever committed to tape.

    Though I do have to admit that I fekin hate guitar solos unless they are short and sweet anyway.
    I like the SFTD solo

  15. #15

    Re: Songs with crap guitar solos

    Good to see another Gene Vincent fan on this messageboard

    Actually, the guitar solo doesn't sound that bad to me. However, an Eddie Cochran solo would have been absolutely awesome on this track!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    Gene Vincent was my favourite R'nR performer and he surrounded himself with some great guitar players - like Cliff Gallup, Johnny Meeks and Johnny Merritt. Yet for some reason he decided to play the solo on Somebody Help Me. He appears to get his fingers stuck between the strings during at least two passages. Eddie Cochran was on back-up vocals. Wonder what he thought of Gene's efforts. Somebody should certainly have helped Gene.


  16. #16
    Reserve Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Pantygasseg, Pontypool
    Posts
    138

    Re: Songs with crap guitar solos

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Good to see another Gene Vincent fan on this messageboard
    Now to get some serious kudos, you would've corrected me. It was of course Jerry Merritt.

  17. #17

    Re: Songs with crap guitar solos

    November rain. Hate that song, hate that band, and hate that fuzzy haired guitar player

  18. #18

    Re: Songs with crap guitar solos

    Great song. More of a bridge than a solo but it's still crap.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJRN76hxFz0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •