+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fulham fans

Fulham fans

Must be sick this morning.
    I remember when Reading had beaten us 0-3 at ours after 30 minutes of a second leg play off.

Still two positives for the Fulham fans and us.
    They stay in the best league. We get to go there next season Hooray....one not UP NORTH trip.
    Probably be a Tuesday night FFS.

Re: Fulham fans

I don't mind really but reading were so boringgggggggggggggggggggg at our place, I think Sheff Wednesday or Huddersfield would be better for the neutral in the prem.

Hopefully reading stay in our league as they're perfectly beatable.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    I don't mind really but reading were so boringgggggggggggggggggggg at our place, I think Sheff Wednesday or Huddersfield would be better for the neutral in the prem.

Hopefully reading stay in our league as they're perfectly beatable.
    Reading are a boring football club full stop. Boring fans, boring manager, boring team, boring football.

Hopefully the winner of Sheff Weds / Hudds will go up.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Reading are a boring football club full stop. Boring fans, boring manager, boring team, boring football.

Did you watch Weds v Huddersfield? It was a dire game. Wednesday had 3 shots all game, 0 on target. They had absolutely no interest on attacking. It was twice as bad as whatever you think of Reading.

Twat

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Twat
    I don't think it matters. Some say our promotion was anti football. A lot say actually. Some of it was really, really bad.

And I don't think many cared when they were celebrating running on the pitch after we drew to charlton.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Did you watch Weds v Huddersfield? It was a dire game. Wednesday had 3 shots all game, 0 on target. They had absolutely no interest on attacking. It was twice as bad as whatever you think of Reading.
    No I didnt. I only tuned in to hopefully see Reading get whalloped.

Hopefully Hudds or Sheff Weds will have more luck than Fulham in the final.
    Last edited by J R Hartley; 17-05-17 at 08:02.

I don't think it matters. Some say our promotion was anti football. A lot say actually. Some of it was really, really bad.

And I don't think many cared when they were celebrating running on the pitch after we drew to charlton.
    A 0-0 draw at home to Charton to scrape over the line just about sums the football that season up.

Preffered the 1993 Shrewsbury home pitch invasion personally and that was 2 leagues lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Twat
    Charming

Charming
    You're only interested in winding him up so why shouldn't he be like this?

You're only interested in winding him up so why shouldn't he be like this?
    Not true at all. My posts and thread (Tom Cairney) I started last night were my thoughts. They were not written with an agenda that when Pearcey gets back from the game he was going to start abusing me and then I would wind him up.

Trust me when I say hes not that significant to me that I would start laying bait for him hours in advance!

A 0-0 draw at home to Charton to scrape over the line just about sums the football that season up.

Preffered the 1993 Shrewsbury home pitch invasion personally and that was 2 leagues lower.
    There is no good footage of that game which is ridiculous. Not that I know of.

I think the season we drew with Reading in the first leg of the playoffs, both first legs finished 0-0, where there was a dearth of attacking intent all round. 1st legs tend to be more cagey affairs. Over the last 10 years and including this season, there have been 31 goals in the first leg of Championship playoff matches. With one second leg game still to play, there have been 63 goals in second legs (just over double). Some will think, aye, but some of those will have gone to extra time. We've seen 3 goals in extra time in Championship playoff games over the last 10 years. Surprisingly perhaps, only 4 ties have gone to extra time over that period, with only 2 penalty shootouts needed.

Reading 2005-2006 were probably the best championship team I've ever seen, they put 10 past us in two games

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think the season we drew with Reading in the first leg of the playoffs, both first legs finished 0-0, where there was a dearth of attacking intent all round. 1st legs tend to be more cagey affairs. Over the last 10 years and including this season, there have been 31 goals in the first leg of Championship playoff matches. With one second leg game still to play, there have been 63 goals in second legs (just over double). Some will think, aye, but some of those will have gone to extra time. We've seen 3 goals in extra time in Championship playoff games over the last 10 years. Surprisingly perhaps, only 4 ties have gone to extra time over that period, with only 2 penalty shootouts needed.
    Pretty much how i see it, didn't watch the 1st legs for that reason.

Enjoyed last nights game, its great fun when you don't have a dog in the fight. Looking forward to see Big Glenn Loovens tonight

There is no good footage of that game which is ridiculous. Not that I know of.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=356z9UGlniY

Some great footage here of the Scunthorpe away game too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GgbVrGR1MA

What an invasion of town and pitch that was!!!

Great times.
    Last edited by J R Hartley; 17-05-17 at 09:25.

Hoping Huddersfield go up. Don't like Wednesday and at least if Reading stay down there's 2 relatively close trips for us next year with Reading and Fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    Reading 2005-2006 were probably the best championship team I've ever seen, they put 10 past us in two games
    Without doubt our best team everbut very few went on to do much once they left Reading for bigger clubs.

Probably my favourite away ground. I'm glad they ****ed up, can't wait to go next season

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    This is true.
    I walked oiut with 5 minutes to go at the away game.
    we had been so totally outclassed throughout the game it was unbelievable.

Never seen us look that out of it since. Really.

They really are. It's amongst my least favourite fixture/place to visit.

Ipswich are very similar IMO.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    They really are. It's amongst my least favourite fixture/place to visit.

Ipswich are very similar IMO.
    Never quite got the boring tag that gets associated with Reading.
    No better or worse than the vast majority of teams imo.
    not keen on Ipswich ,admittedly, but mainly because of their outrageous ticket prices for away fans.