+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Drivel on Wales Online

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Drivel on Wales Online

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    In fairness, I wanted to pull him up on that but our permanent signings in the summer of 2015 were Saadi, Ajayi, Tamas, Weymans and Blaise. On the basis that Saadi actually played a league game, he's probably the best.
    I'd forgotten about Weymans. Wasn't he supposed to be a genuine transfer coup, a real star of the future? He's only 19 but we've heard nothing of him since he signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'd forgotten about Weymans. Wasn't he supposed to be a genuine transfer coup, a real star of the future? He's only 19 but we've heard nothing of him since he signed.
    He was, we signed him for PSV. I think I remember Slade saying afterwards he was a bit of an unknown quantity, he's got youth caps for Belgium though so he can't be total rubbish. He signed a 3 year deal so maybe he'll get loaned out this year or moved on?

He was, we signed him for PSV. I think I remember Slade saying afterwards he was a bit of an unknown quantity, he's got youth caps for Belgium though so he can't be total rubbish. He signed a 3 year deal so maybe he'll get loaned out this year or moved on?
    Yes, the unknown quantity sounds more like it. Not knocking the kid whatsoever, but I suspect that if he was a real potential Belgian star of the future, he wouldn't be with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes, the unknown quantity sounds more like it. Not knocking the kid whatsoever, but I suspect that if he was a real potential Belgian star of the future, he wouldn't be with us.
    Quite! I think the giveaway should have been when PSV were happy to send him to us for free. I'm sure TOBW has said he's played quite well for the youth sides so maybe there's a player there?

Quite! I think the giveaway should have been when PSV were happy to send him to us for free. I'm sure TOBW has said he's played quite well for the youth sides so maybe there's a player there?
    I don't know why, but I've got this image in my head now of Weymans being stuck with his suitcases in PSV's reception area while his agent frantically rings around club after club!