+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: First evidence of the multiverse

First evidence of the multiverse

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2...t-space-could/
    Guess we are about to get a whole lot smaller
    I think this theory, is the one I'd back

Re: First evidence of the multiverse

I reckon it's those 3 baddies in superman 2 in their piece of glass floating through space.
    (Incidentally that bird in her black latex suit was my first childhood crush)

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I reckon it's those 3 baddies in superman 2 in their piece of glass floating through space.
    (Incidentally that bird in her black latex suit was my first childhood crush)
    Mate, have a bit of bloody respect for General Zod for Christ's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    Bollocks. The earth is flat. The moon is made of cheese. The twinkles in the night sky are glitter on a blanket as proved on Button Moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    Ok, help me out here. This cold spot is "only" 3 billion light years away, I.e it takes light 3bn years to reach us?

Question, how do we know? and how do we know it's still there?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Ok, help me out here. This cold spot is "only" 3 billion light years away, I.e it takes light 3bn years to reach us?

CMB police.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post

We won't know that it is still there. We will know how far it is. In the same way, we don't know if the stars we currently see are still existing.

This is a theory, I don't agree with it. But, the thoughts of "multiverses" are mindblowing.

Before the big bang, our universe didn't exist. It is not sci-fi to suggest that more than one big bang occurred. But, where? The only thing we know is contained within this universe. If there is another universe, then it either exists outside of our universe (in which case, we cannot possibly locate it), exists as part of our universe (in which case, it IS our universe) or doesn't exist at all.

If it exists outside of our universe then I cannot see how it can collide with ours because, before the collision, a gap would exist between the two universes. But, what is this gap? If it isn't part of our universe, and isn't part of the other universe, then it must be a third universe. That universe also exists outside of ours, and the second universe. And, it will have a gap between both that is distinct from all three universes. This gap will be a fourth universe, and so on we go. In which case, there is either one universe or an infinite number of universes. And, if there are an infinite number, then there would be an infinite number of collisions like this. Remembering, our universe is also deemed to be infinite in size.

Queen guitarist Brian May earned a PHD in Astrophysics. Professor Brian Cox used to play synthesizer in D-Ream and stargazer Patrick Moore was a dab hand at the Glockenspiel. Yet Stephen Hawking can't be arsed to learn so much as the mouth organ, the lazy bastard.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Queen guitarist Brian May earned a PHD in Astrophysics. Professor Brian Cox used to play synthesizer in D-Ream and stargazer Patrick Moore was a dab hand at the Glockenspiel. Yet Stephen Hawking can't be arsed to learn so much as the mouth organ, the lazy bastard.
    Kin hell mun pmsl

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    I know i should not