+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 45 of 45

Thread: Voting

  1. #31

    Re: Voting

    If you Vote Tory or ukip your a ****

  2. #32

    Re: Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Which socialist values would you say that Hitler's Nazi party displayed?
    No got a clue that was his party name and the poster asked ;;;;

    """ I'm looking for neo Nazi signs, white hoods, burning crosses, that kind of thing""

    Just being historically helpful, as the poster has sought to joke about appalling historical events ,I should imagine a lot of people still have nightmares about men wearing white hoods and holding burning crosses ,and any attempt to associate those tragic events too the Tories is not funny ,dare I say the viewpoint is not one of social caring ? .

  3. #33

    Re: Voting




    Big Nev has certainly nailed his colours to the post...

  4. #34
    First Team TISS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    in your head
    Posts
    1,093

    Re: Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Explain how right wing policies have helped the worst affected in society then.
    business friendly = growth = jobs: jobs with lower taxes, you keep more of what you earn, living standards improve

    the IFS reported on wage growth (on BBCs R4) just recently. In this report, they said that existing jobs had seen very real wage growth, whereas it was new jobs that were pulling the average down. So if you had a job, your living standards have improved, but if you have only recently entered the workplace, then you are worse off compared to your predecessors.

    Your politics will determine how you wish to interpret that fact.

  5. #35

    Why is it ?

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird View Post
    If you Vote Tory or ukip your a ****
    Why is it that certain people from some political backgrounds can never accept that people can vote for who they want ?

    Why is it that if you vote for someone else other than Labour people here deem it fit to call you a xxxx ?

    Why is that people people from certain political backgrounds believe their way is the only way ?

    Everyone thinks 'their' politics is the 'right' politics - I understand that - but please bear in mind - others can and often do disagree with your politics - that needs to embraced not shouted down just because you happen to disagree.

    Whoever wins the election - accept it - move on. Dont fall out with people over it. And if you really really dis like the political direction that much - either stand for election yourself at the next available opportunity or move to a country that fits your political / life style aspirations.

  6. #36

    Re: Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Why is it that certain people from some political backgrounds can never accept that people can vote for who they want ?

    Why is it that if you vote for someone else other than Labour people here deem it fit to call you a xxxx ?

    Why is that people people from certain political backgrounds believe their way is the only way ?

    Everyone thinks 'their' politics is the 'right' politics - I understand that - but please bear in mind - others can and often do disagree with your politics - that needs to embraced not shouted down just because you happen to disagree.

    Whoever wins the election - accept it - move on. Dont fall out with people over it. And if you really really dis like the political direction that much - either stand for election yourself at the next available opportunity or move to a country that fits your political / life style aspirations.
    It seems to me that you are doing the exact same thing that your post is criticising.

  7. #37

    Re: Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    business friendly = growth = jobs: jobs with lower taxes, you keep more of what you earn, living standards improve

    the IFS reported on wage growth (on BBCs R4) just recently. In this report, they said that existing jobs had seen very real wage growth, whereas it was new jobs that were pulling the average down. So if you had a job, your living standards have improved, but if you have only recently entered the workplace, then you are worse off compared to your predecessors.

    Your politics will determine how you wish to interpret that fact.
    Has being business friendly worked though? Is our growth based on investment or private debt?

  8. #38
    First Team TISS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    in your head
    Posts
    1,093

    Re: Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Which socialist values would you say that Hitler's Nazi party displayed?
    17 of the 25 points in the nazi party program can be considered socialist in nature

  9. #39
    First Team TISS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    in your head
    Posts
    1,093

    Re: Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Has being business friendly worked though? Is our growth based on investment or private debt?
    I'm pretty sure that UK growth is fuelled by consumerism rather than investment, hence why we need to keep making the UK as business friendly as possible (so that private investment continues)

  10. #40

    Re: Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    It seems to me that you are doing the exact same thing that your post is criticising.
    Eric - well it may do to you - that is your opinion - you are entitled to it. I accept whatever the result of the vote is - whether or not I voted for it. Some it seems cant handle that scenario.

  11. #41

    Re: Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    17 of the 25 points in the nazi party program can be considered socialist in nature
    I was referring to things they actually did whilst in power.

    I suppose nothing has changed. Parties still don't stick to their manifesto!!

  12. #42
    First Team TISS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    in your head
    Posts
    1,093

    Re: Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I was referring to things they actually did whilst in power.

    I suppose nothing has changed. Parties still don't stick to their manifesto!!

  13. #43

    Re: Why is it ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Why is it that certain people from some political backgrounds can never accept that people can vote for who they want ?

    Why is it that if you vote for someone else other than Labour people here deem it fit to call you a xxxx ?

    Why is that people people from certain political backgrounds believe their way is the only way ?

    Everyone thinks 'their' politics is the 'right' politics - I understand that - but please bear in mind - others can and often do disagree with your politics - that needs to embraced not shouted down just because you happen to disagree.

    Whoever wins the election - accept it - move on. Dont fall out with people over it. And if you really really dis like the political direction that much - either stand for election yourself at the next available opportunity or move to a country that fits your political / life style aspirations.
    Its a democracy I struggle to understand that if your area , family have voted for one particular party its only right to do that , particular Labour as its core votes and ethos was born out of injustice and poor workers rights , I think all modern parties have a better social viewpoint now ,its how far left or right you want to take it , pre Brexit government has been very centralist almost Blair like,Europe ,Brexit and immigration has created a right of center thrust, most in the labour heartlands,whcih begs the question as the current Labour party are of a very different view to UKIP , the burning question ,where will the Labour Brexit voters stick their cross if its not UKIP .

  14. #44

    Re: Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Eric - well it may do to you - that is your opinion - you are entitled to it. I accept whatever the result of the vote is - whether or not I voted for it. Some it seems cant handle that scenario.
    No that isn't what I am referring to. Don't judge everybody from 'certain political backgrounds' based on one comment from one person else you are doing exactly what you criticise.

  15. #45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •