+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rhodri Morgan RIP...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rhodri Morgan RIP...

The ex first minister of Wales has died and no matter your political persuasion everyone would agree he wore and made an Armani or Hugo Boss suit look like a paper bag on a mad ferret.

RIP

Re: Rhodri Morgan RIP...

Sad to hear of this. I thought he was a decent man

Met Rhodri a couple of times, nice chap.
    A rare trait for a politician these days.
    RIP.

he presented me with my msc in swansea uni in jan. i could only think how dirty his shoes were.
    very chatty chap

He was a decent bloke. Met him a few times and seemed very self deprecating in a humouress way.

I bet he gave the Labour Party spin doctor, style gurus a headache though.��

Didn't always agree with his politics but seemed a decent guy. Thoughts with his wife, my local AM, who is a damn sight more responsive to her constituents than that twat of a Tory Mp we've got

I met him breifly a few years ago and as others have said he was just a normal, friendly bloke. RIP Rhodri.

Sad news indeed. Had he been ill or was this a sudden death. I remember Blair and his cronies didn't want him as first minister,they preferred Alun Michael, but Rhodri did a pretty good job. RIP? Condolences to his family and friends.

Always came across as a nice bloke! He was on my flight home from Paris following the Wales Portugal semi final last year!

Always seemed like a decent likeable approachable bloke - a very rare trait for a politician. RIP

Had the pleasure of meeting him at a charity do once. He was incredibly down to earth and VERY funny.

R I P Rhodri seemed a nice fella met him once years ago when we running the Cardiff half marathon or 10K?

I met him once in his role as my MP, when he was friendly, understanding and helpful. I've seen him in the local shops a couple of times over we the years. I saw him and thought​ "I know that bloke" so I said hello and straight away he would reply with friendly greeting even though he can't have had a clue who I am

City fan so he was ,his wife is lovely ,and a hard working politician thoughts are wit her , RIP Rhodri , said it as it was ,probably wouldn't fit into the latest version of Labour views,along with MP's like Anne Clwyd they quietly added a lot to society .

It is so strange to see many people saying nice thing's about a politician.Rip big man.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    It is so strange to see many people saying nice thing's about a politician.Rip big man.
    Probably because he was a down to earth ,say as it, tidy bloke, came across as untidy bumbler at times, but was a well educated man and a Bluebird .

From Whitchurch High School to Harvard University, St John's College, Oxford

Play this and enjoy his quotes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-39957137
    Last edited by life on mars; 18-05-17 at 18:42.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Probably because he was a down to earth ,say as it, tidy bloke, came across as untidy bumbler at times, but was a well educated man and a Bluebird .

From Whitchurch High School to Harvard University, St John's College, Oxford

Play this and enjoy his quotes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-39957137
    Class.

Yes, I have met Rhodri, but only via Labour Party business. Decent guy, Labour through and through. Could say 10 words when 1 would do, but he had something that Carwyn doesn't....charisma.
    Rhodti played an important part in Welsh political history.
    Condolences to his family.