+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Please Sign My Petition.

Please Sign My Petition.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-ca...lsory-at-gcse/
    Only sign this if you live in Wales

Reason
    In GCSE Welsh Baccalaureate you learn nothing of value, in my opinion and a couple of months ago I was horrified that we will be dropping a GCSE for C.R.A.P (actually taught).
    Therefore the GCSE is listed under "softer" GCSE's such as drama and music.
    I believe that another GCSE taught would be much much better, because if you have knowledge and half decent presentation skill would be much better than having half knowledge and very good presentation skills.
    I also know why we are doing this silly subject when 98% of children hate Welsh Bacc, it is scientifically proven that we all do better in things we enjoy compared to things we hate and I also believe that there is no point in doing this subject if we all hate it.
    I agree that it might have some benefit like give acronym makers... only joking but it does help in assessing and developing ideas therefore because it has some value I think that this may be kept as a GCSE but not compulsory.

Please if you need convincing then reply and I will tell you why

Re: Please Sign My Petition.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandemicplanet9 View Post
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-ca...lsory-at-gcse/
    Only sign this if you live in Wales

Reason
    In GCSE Welsh Baccalaureate you learn nothing of value, in my opinion and a couple of months ago I was horrified that we will be dropping a GCSE for C.R.A.P (actually taught).
    Therefore the GCSE is listed under "softer" GCSE's such as drama and music.
    I believe that another GCSE taught would be much much better, because if you have knowledge and half decent presentation skill would be much better than having half knowledge and very good presentation skills.
    I also know why we are doing this silly subject when 98% of children hate Welsh Bacc, it is scientifically proven that we all do better in things we enjoy compared to things we hate and I also believe that there is no point in doing this subject if we all hate it.
    I agree that it might have some benefit like give acronym makers... only joking but it does help in assessing and developing ideas therefore because it has some value I think that this may be kept as a GCSE but not compulsory.

Please if you need convincing then reply and I will tell you why
    Isn't that petition pretty pointless? Shouldn't you do one that has to be discussed in the WAG

I've never heard of the Welsh Baccalaureate at GCSE level, but the A-Level version was great for Welsh students.

It got me & 99% of my year group at school into better universities (it's valued as an 'A' at A-Level by most universities). The easiest 'A' any A-Level student will ever get.

A nice mix of basic practical mathematic skills, basic English language, problem solving & charity work. It could probably be completed in about 4 weeks by the gifted students, so they could focus on their real A-Levels (Maths, Sciences, etc), and for the less able students it was stretched over 2 years.

If we're just getting rid of subjects that the kids hate, then 'Welsh' as half a GCSE has to be the first out the door. Pointless in the extreme. I remember asking my teacher what "I can't speak Welsh" is in Welsh, and then writing that for most of my answers to one of the exams. I still passed.

Religious Education as half a GCSE is the 2nd out the door. We learnt nothing of value in our one hour every two weeks of R.E learning. Religion is of little value to the world. Being forced to learn about everyone's imaginary friends is of even less value.

P.E is also a GCSE.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Isn't that petition pretty pointless? Shouldn't you do one that has to be discussed in the WAG
    Correct, however the Welsh assembly government has a 50 signatures minimum before discussed

My friend did a presentation on the Welsh Bacc for his Welsh Bacc presentation. I believe, a couple of years ago now mind, that the conclusion was that the original set-up was a very worthwhile course however what is being practiced is not.

However, if you just miss out on your university place then this qualification suddenly become the bees knees when talking to admissions. Also, going back to the story, being allowed to create a presentation and whatever else you have to do can lead to some really interesting and well put together research (something worthwhile) if you are willing to take on that hard work.

Welsh Bacc was the most pointless thing I did at A Level, cannot believe universities are still accepting it. I wasted hours doing crap essays and surveys nobody cared about. Decorating mini Xmas trees for two days ffs.

If you rely on it to get into uni, you probably shouldn't have got to uni.

I haven't lived in Wales for almost 30 years so I don't know if your post has any validity or not. What I would say, without meaning to be rude, is that I'm having a great deal of difficulty understanding the point you are trying to make because it doesn't make much sense in English. While I appreciate this might prove your point in itself I think more explanation would be useful.