Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
I used to give this guy outside Aldi a few bob but one day I didn't have any change so I asked him if he wanted something to eat or drink. He said no thanks he wasnt hungry, however could he make a call on my phone.

I let him use my phone and he rang his dealer the cheeky ****er

I since found out he is not homeless he has a place in Pentrebach. His old man, who is well off, and has sent him to rehab several times with no success, fills his cupboards up every week for him.

I felt duped somewhat and I haven't given him a penny since.
On a similar theme, I used to buy a Big Issue from a seller stood directly outside Queen Street Station though I never took a copy from him. Then one day I noticed he was on a flash mobile and unwrapping a packet of Embassy Regal. I concluded I had been conned a dozen times by him, and vowed never to part with a penny to other sellers or beggars again to ensure not to be mugged off by anyone else.

As an aside, have you ever been to The Wyndham Arms pub in Merthyr town centre? I did 'bout three months ago. It was like travelling back to the 80s to some notorious Cardiff boozers where local rogues of many descriptions gathered.