+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pontypridd beggars

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Pontypridd beggars

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I used to give this guy outside Aldi a few bob but one day I didn't have any change so I asked him if he wanted something to eat or drink. He said no thanks he wasnt hungry, however could he make a call on my phone.

I let him use my phone and he rang his dealer the cheeky ****er

I since found out he is not homeless he has a place in Pentrebach. His old man, who is well off, and has sent him to rehab several times with no success, fills his cupboards up every week for him.

I felt duped somewhat and I haven't given him a penny since.
    On a similar theme, I used to buy a Big Issue from a seller stood directly outside Queen Street Station though I never took a copy from him. Then one day I noticed he was on a flash mobile and unwrapping a packet of Embassy Regal. I concluded I had been conned a dozen times by him, and vowed never to part with a penny to other sellers or beggars again to ensure not to be mugged off by anyone else.

As an aside, have you ever been to The Wyndham Arms pub in Merthyr town centre? I did 'bout three months ago. It was like travelling back to the 80s to some notorious Cardiff boozers where local rogues of many descriptions gathered.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    On a similar theme, I used to buy a Big Issue from a seller stood directly outside Queen Street Station though I never took a copy from him. Then one day I noticed he was on a flash mobile and unwrapping a packet of Embassy Regal. I concluded I had been conned a dozen times by him, and vowed never to part with a penny to other sellers or beggars again to ensure not to be mugged off by anyone else.

As an aside, have you ever been to The Wyndham Arms pub in Merthyr town centre? I did 'bout three months ago. It was like travelling back to the 80s to some notorious Cardiff boozers where local rogues of many descriptions gathered.
    Are you sure you weren't just looking at your own reflection in the mirror behind the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    Are you sure you weren't just looking at your own reflection in the mirror behind the bar.
    Do you know, Dai, I sometimes think free wifi shouldn't be available in geriatric wards.

I typed the pub's name into google and it transpires it's quite notorious.

I had a look at your video but I couldn't spot you. The regulars looked like a bunch of geriatric alcoholic tramps but everyone of them still looked far more respectable than you. I suppose you were hiding under a table waiting to nick a drink when one of them went off to empty his colostomy bag.

The Wyndham, it'll be in St. Fagans museum in future years as a testimony of how we lived in Merthyr.

There's some characters in there to say the least. Harmless enough though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    The Wyndham, it'll be in St. Fagans museum in future years as a testimony of how we lived in Merthyr.

There's some characters in there to say the least. Harmless enough though.
    Don't think St. Fagans museum would be interested. Try crime watch

The day I visited I hadn't been seated for a minute before a scruff tried to get me interested in some (no doubt) half-inched deodorants, then another tried to flog me jewellery in the bogs. The two or three women customers were, well... let's just say Sludge would pause before offering to accompany them to a darkened back lane.
    Last edited by Organ Morgan.; 20-05-17 at 19:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The day I visited I hadn't been seated for a minute before a scruff tried to get me interested in some (no doubt) half-inched deodorants, then another tried to flog me jewellery in the bogs. The two or three women customers were, well... let's just say Sludge would pause before offering to accompany them to a darkened back lane.
    Be careful one of them tramps could JR Hartleys father, one of the women could be my wife. They're the salt of the earth really.