+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanky marketing terms

Re: Wanky marketing terms

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    When I briefly worked in the marketing departing for a company 3 years ago, I was asked to make the menus of cafes and restaurants more exciting.

The example of Ham and cheese sandwich I was given read something like "Guthrie honey roasted Neuadd Fach ham and freshly sprinkled goats cheese, served on thick wholemeal bread"

I said it just makes them sound pretentious and totally unnecessary, but for some reason all of a sudden everyone is obsessed with things that sound middle class, that actually aren't - like a ham and cheese sandwich ffs.
    Smashed potato.
    Clear lemonade served over crushed ice accompanied with a wedge of fresh lemon.
    Responsibly sourced filet of pan seared salmon.

Over the years 1 product has been constantly been re-invented and women constantly fall for it............SHAMPOO Feck me how many times have they fallen for this reinvented shite over the years.Mind you,some advertising techniques are to admired.You may not know that the worlds leading breakfast cereal was originally invented as a cure for excessive masturbation.Have to say you need to eat 24 boxes a day to get any benefit.Old Kellogg missed a trick there.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Yep, this is the winner.
    You can play a game when watching any reality tv programme, but especially The Apprentice, guessing how many times the word "passion" or "passionate" is used.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    'Passionate' or 'we have a passion for'.

Bollocks you do ,the only thing you are passionate about is emptying my wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    SPLITTER!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    "Steel cut", "muddled", "infused", "caramelized", "locally sourced", "aoli" "farm to table".
    'Infused' really gets my back up.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Over the years 1 product has been constantly been re-invented and women constantly fall for it............SHAMPOO Feck me how many times have they fallen for this reinvented shite over the years.Mind you,some advertising techniques are to admired.You may not know that the worlds leading breakfast cereal was originally invented as a cure for excessive masturbation.Have to say you need to eat 24 boxes a day to get any benefit.Old Kellogg missed a trick there.
    Yeah, shampoo is right up there in terms of completely fabricated marketing wank. Just had a quick look on Google and found these in 12 seconds

(Oh and EVERYTHING is 'New Advanced Formula' - the original shampoos must've been absolute shite!)

* Pro V formula
    * Ceramide
    * 100% natural Argan oil
    * Elvive UV filter
    * Sulphate Free Fortifying System

Mind you, men's razors are not far behind. I'm waiting for the day when we'll see a razor with 14 blades on it, for the closest shave a man can get, or some other such bollox.

This is brilliant and completely sums up shampoo marketing - 'Tightens Your Tuppence'

shampooscience2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I've heard that helps still sounds wanky in my book.

You can also 'toss' when stir-frying btw. (morning tony)
    Is it finger licking good (afternoon Mrs R)

7 out of 10* cat owners say that they cats prefer it

*13 people who expressed a preference surveyed

or

Hurry!!!Sale ends soon...........Yeah right

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Is it finger licking good (afternoon Mrs R)
    Give it a rest you dirty old perv. You're like Benny Hill on heat. Disgusting.

"Hand cooked"

slowly drizzled

Any company with 'Solutions' after their name.........what's the f*cking question?

TRIPLE COOKED CHIPS ! JUS ! MASH !

CLASSIC ! when applied to a celeb golf tournament.

IMPACT ! USA boolux speak comes to the UK.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Give it a rest you dirty old perv. You're like Benny Hill on heat. Disgusting.
    Please spare us the faux outrage Mr

(Couldn't resist)

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I had chips once from Caroline Street dubbed chippy Lane chips ,bloody cheek.

Oh and nothing drizzled on em,other than saliva
    Every time I enjoy a thread, you come along and ruin it for me. I've enough of you, you depressing git.