+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Premier league - crappest Season ever?

Premier league - crappest Season ever?

Just thinking about this years premier league and it's been a bit crap really.

Chelsea have run away with it. The big clubs have sewn up the top six spots and the rest just have one aim - staying up for another season.

The bottom three have looked like relegation fodder for most of the season - apart from the jacks and palace getting involved for a bit.

Final day tomorrow and its all pretty much done - I think the only variable is if Man City or Liverpool slip up and arsenal might sneak into fourth.

All in all, a bit crap and another reason why the championship offers far more.

Re: Premier league - crappest Season ever?

Personally I would love it if Arsenal pipped Liverpool for 4th spot. I know a few Liverpool armchair fans who are already talking about Champions League football next year.
    I probably hate Liverpool fans more than any other team. Mainly because when you get chatting to them about football in general, they always got to get back on the topic of Liverpool.
    Besides, they gave me one hell of a ribbing when they beat us in the League cup final a few years back.

I suppose after last season with Leicester City winning it and two big clubs going down, this season was always likely to be less dramatic. At least Spurs pushed Chelsea almost all the way and there was a decent chance of the jacks going down. I'd love Liverpool to balls it up tomorrow too, but I can't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    Personally I would love it if Arsenal pipped Liverpool for 4th spot. I know a few Liverpool armchair fans who are already talking about Champions League football next year.
    I probably hate Liverpool fans more than any other team. Mainly because when you get chatting to them about football in general, they always got to get back on the topic of Liverpool.
    Besides, they gave me one hell of a ribbing when they beat us in the League cup final a few years back.
    They didn't beat us. It was a draw.

I think the whole thing is on the wain, I used to watch it religiously and enjoy it back in the day of Man U v Arsenal battles , Blackburn winning it etc , it was a more of a committed league with big rivalries, player clashes , fans emotionally involved, red cards , high scores and lastly and importantly, characters .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I think the whole thing is on the wain, I used to watch it religiously and enjoy it back in the day of Man U v Arsenal battles , Blackburn winning it etc , it was a more of a committed league with big rivalries, player clashes , fans emotionally involved, red cards , high scores and lastly and importantly, characters .
    The product is definetly inferior as reflected
    in Champions League results in the last 5-6 years.
    The gravy train won't be stopping anytime soon though (despite hearing it repeated endlessly for a decade!) with new players sniffing around on top of the current two

Nothing would make me happier by the way than Manu/Mourinho missing out in the final next week

Banned

Same teams battle for the top spot same teams battle for European places the rest battle for survival. The only posters interested in the Prem support one of the top teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Same teams battle for the top spot same teams battle for European places the rest battle for survival. The only posters interested in the Prem support one of the top teams.
    What a load of bollocks.
    I don't support any Premiership team, although I will admit having a soft spot for Arsenal. For me it goes back to the likes of Bergkamp and Vierra, and more recently Ramsey.
    What gives me a keen interest in the Premiership these days is fantasy football. I run a Sun dream team mini league and I also take part in the Telegraph fantasy football league.

Nope not the worst. It's like this pretty much every season.

You only have to look at Lawro's prediction to think "what a season it could have been"

Battle of the claret and blues and potential play-off for 4th placed finish on the last day - how can you call it a dull season?

You don't have to support a premier league team to appreciate good football.
    Spurs have been a joy to watch at times this season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    What a load of bollocks.
    I don't support any Premiership team, although I will admit having a soft spot for Arsenal. For me it goes back to the likes of Bergkamp and Vierra, and more recently Ramsey.
    What gives me a keen interest in the Premiership these days is fantasy football. I run a Sun dream team mini league and I also take part in the Telegraph fantasy football league.
    You've just given the moron the bite he was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You don't have to support a premier league team to appreciate good football.
    Spurs have been a joy to watch at times this season.
    Yeah, they've been just about the best team to watch for a couple of seasons now.

Had you listened to the "experts" at the start of season.
    Man City had already won the league in October and Conte should already be looking for another job after only two defeats.
    What do they know, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Had you listened to the "experts" at the start of season.
    Man City had already won the league in October and Conte should already be looking for another job after only two defeats.
    What do they know, eh?
    Who'd have thought predicting the outcome of a 38 game season based purely on transfers would be difficult!

Curse these "experts" and their lack of being able to see the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Who'd have thought predicting the outcome of a 38 game season based purely on transfers would be difficult!

Curse these "experts" and their lack of being able to see the future.
    Precisely, so why crucify Conte when they did and dribble over Gurdioula accordingly? A long old season it is and hopefully they can wait as long as long as the fans do to pass their drivel.

Precisely, so why crucify Conte when they did and dribble over Gurdioula accordingly? A long old season it is and hopefully they can wait as long as long as the fans do to pass their drivel.
    I'm not sure their employer Sky TV, who pay them millions per season, would want them to wait until week 38 before voicing their opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I'm not sure their employer Sky TV, who pay them millions per season, would want them to wait until week 38 before voicing their opinions.
    Fair enough but why question Contes job after two losses? Which they did by the way.

Maybe it is my memory like a goldfish, but I can't think of 1 game I'd say would be watched in years to come as a classic.

Fair enough but why question Contes job after two losses? Which they did by the way.
    I find that hard to believe tbh?

I remember everyone lauding Pep and City after the start they made but I don't remember anyone questions Contes position after just 2 games??