+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Millwall fans on the pitch at Wembley

Re: Millwall fans on the pitch at Wembley

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Precious about what though? I wouldn't condemn nor condone any pitch invasion. The best supporter scenes I've seen in the last couple of years was Hibs in the Scottish Cup Final last year.

The game has become so sanitised and gentrified. I also laugh at the ***** who seem to have the morals and spirit of the game as a their standpoint. The game is owned, controlled and exploited by *****. FIFA, Sky, The owners of clubs are self centered, conceited wankers who you help support.

I'm sad Wall didn't ****ing riot now, some of us would've laughed.
    You make it sound like they were fighting the good fight instead of just prancing around giving stick to the Bradford players and trying to get on telly. They were just as self-centred as any owner.

http://www.urban75.org/blog/cardiff-...itch-invasion/

I remember watching HTV News on the following Monday and thinking a tricolour Ralph Lauren jacket probably isn't the most inconspicuous clothing to wear under the glory of floodlights.

We've all done it, people are so moralistic about pitch invasions. Cardiff had a pitch invasion once at Eddie Newtowns last game. We've become such miserable bastards!

I remember getting on the pitch with Guppy when we scored at Northampton in 93. It was going really well until Guppy slid on his knees like he scored the ****ing goal!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I remember getting on the pitch with Guppy when we scored at Northampton in 93. It was going really well until Guppy slid on his knees like he scored the ****ing goal!
    You're not proper Cardiff unless you were on the pitch at Northampton away 1993

Most bizarre ground I've ever been. One side cricket ground and behind the goals temporary metal railings seperating the away fans and the pitch. Not a good idea in those days. Not when 1500 Cardiff are in town anyway :face palm:

I remember they sent Roger Gibbins over to plead with us to stay off the pitch

Oh to be 16 in 1993 again

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Most bizarre ground I've ever been. One side cricket ground and behind the goals temporary metal railings seperating the away fans and the pitch. Not a good idea in those days. Not when 1500 Cardiff are in town anyway :face palm:

great days mate

great days mate
    The best mate. it was the first away trip I went on not on a supporters club bus so I pinched a load of stuff from the services to try and impress the older lads who's bus we were on. Cock mags and gingsters pasties all around.

Yes but I've done copious amounts of booze and narcotics since 1994 Matt, I can't remember things from yesterday let alone 23 years ago
    Explains much.

The best mate. it was the first away trip I went on not on a supporters club bus so I pinched a load of stuff from the services to try and impress the older lads who's bus we were on. Cock mags and gingsters pasties lol round.
    On one trip everyone was rinsing the services then i noticed one of the boys in the queue with a dvd of lake placid!

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    We did it at Peterborough aswell.
    Was that when they scored as our fans were on???

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Cant remember but we just all went on the pitch to their end,

You don't come over has a football hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Anyone remember orient in 1988?? 200 chasing West Ham out if the ground even let alone going accriss the pitch, Fulham, Swansea, Shrewsbury prob not many we didn't invade bs k in the day hey lol

Yeah and as you got there they scored a fuggin goal......Peterborough didn't seem keen to come and join you either so you all walked off with our players looking dispondantly around....

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    You don't come over has a football hooligan
    Because i am not ,now

On one trip everyone was rinsing the services then i noticed one of the boys in the queue with a dvd of lake placid!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    You make it sound like they were fighting the good fight instead of just prancing around giving stick to the Bradford players and trying to get on telly. They were just as self-centred as any owner.
    What part of "neither condone or condemn..." do you not get mister football?

The whole professional game is a farce, generally funded by those who can't leave go, got no other interests or are brain dead.

As you were.

Newcomer ! Sheffield Utd was just like that when we got battered there in 1971. A 3 sided ground. Honestly
    most of the posts on here are petty skirmishes compared to the late 60's and early to mid 70's.

Man Utd at home , Chelsea at home , West Ham away.

You can hardly criticise him for not recalling games that were played before he was born.

What part of "neither condone or condemn..." do you not get mister football?

The whole professional game is a farce, generally funded by those who can't leave go, got no other interests or are brain dead.

As you were.
    Ah okay, when you said you were sad Millwall hadn't rioted on the pitch, after ranting about the sanitised modern state of football I assumed you were kind of okay with it. Silly me. I'm sorry you're sad though. :-(

If your team wins at Wembley, you should be allowed on the pitch for 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Ah okay, when you said you were sad Millwall hadn't rioted on the pitch, after ranting about the sanitised modern state of football I assumed you were kind of okay with it. Silly me. I'm sorry you're sad though. :-(
    Millwalls pitch invasion on Saturday was hardly Kenilworth Road in 1985. I'm surprised by the amount of hysteria about it, especially from some football supporters.

Like I said there was no harm done really and to my mind it was over exuberance rather than anything more sinister. I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong.

I'm not particularly sad about modern football, that boat sailed for me years ago.

Regards,

The best season for supporting the city for me right time, right place, right earnings, it all clicked into place didnt miss a game home of away,

the random things that used to go on back then

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    You can hardly criticise him for not recalling games that were played before he was born.
    You can if some new kid on the block says " you're not proper Cardiff unless you were at Northampton in 1991 ".

I'd been doing away games since 1965.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    You can if some new kid on the block says " you're not proper Cardiff unless you were at Northampton in 1991 ".

I'd been doing away games since 1965.
    Well done have a Rice Krispie.

It was said tongue in cheek you moany old Kent.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    The best season for supporting the city for me right time, right place, right earnings, it all clicked into place didnt miss a game home of away,
    Nah 1965 to 1974 was better. Allegedly.