+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Millwall fans on the pitch at Wembley

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Millwall fans on the pitch at Wembley

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    http://www.urban75.org/blog/cardiff-...itch-invasion/

I remember watching HTV News on the following Monday and thinking a tricolour Ralph Lauren jacket probably isn't the most inconspicuous clothing to wear under the glory of floodlights.

We've all done it, people are so moralistic about pitch invasions. Cardiff had a pitch invasion once at Eddie Newtowns last game. We've become such miserable bastards!

I remember getting on the pitch with Guppy when we scored at Northampton in 93. It was going really well until Guppy slid on his knees like he scored the ****ing goal!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I remember getting on the pitch with Guppy when we scored at Northampton in 93. It was going really well until Guppy slid on his knees like he scored the ****ing goal!
    You're not proper Cardiff unless you were on the pitch at Northampton away 1993

Most bizarre ground I've ever been. One side cricket ground and behind the goals temporary metal railings seperating the away fans and the pitch. Not a good idea in those days. Not when 1500 Cardiff are in town anyway :face palm:

I remember they sent Roger Gibbins over to plead with us to stay off the pitch

Oh to be 16 in 1993 again

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Most bizarre ground I've ever been. One side cricket ground and behind the goals temporary metal railings seperating the away fans and the pitch. Not a good idea in those days. Not when 1500 Cardiff are in town anyway :face palm:

Newcomer ! Sheffield Utd was just like that when we got battered there in 1971. A 3 sided ground. Honestly
    most of the posts on here are petty skirmishes compared to the late 60's and early to mid 70's.

Man Utd at home , Chelsea at home , West Ham away.

You can hardly criticise him for not recalling games that were played before he was born.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    You can hardly criticise him for not recalling games that were played before he was born.
    You can if some new kid on the block says " you're not proper Cardiff unless you were at Northampton in 1991 ".

I'd been doing away games since 1965.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    You can if some new kid on the block says " you're not proper Cardiff unless you were at Northampton in 1991 ".

I'd been doing away games since 1965.
    Well done have a Rice Krispie.

It was said tongue in cheek you moany old Kent.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

The best season for supporting the city for me right time, right place, right earnings, it all clicked into place didnt miss a game home of away,