+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dementia tax

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Dementia tax

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    politics has gone mad. we have labour complaining about a Tory policy that targets the wealthiest....
    I agree with pearcey in that I don't think the policy is completely unfair but I wouldn't say this policy targets 'the wealthiest'.

Labour are just being opportunistic.

When people say 'i want to leave money/my house to my kids' it prompts visions of orphans on the street because the government stole it all. The reality is that we are talking about people who are 45-60 years old on average inheriting a bundle of money that they don't really need because they have already built their life.

Re: Dementia tax

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I agree with pearcey in that I don't think the policy is completely unfair but I wouldn't say this policy targets 'the wealthiest'.

Labour are just being opportunistic.

When people say 'i want to leave money/my house to my kids' it prompts visions of orphans on the street because the government stole it all. The reality is that we are talking about people who are 45-60 years old on average inheriting a bundle of money that they don't really need because they have already built their life.
    That's how aristocracy worked for centuries! Now the proles are starting to get wealthier, it's time to keep them in their box as best as possible.