1-6 now. Harry Kane with another hat trick

Re: David Marshall gets a start today for Hull

FT 1 - 7

Come home David.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    FT 1 - 7

Come home David.
    Marshall has conceded 44 goals in 16 Premier League starts for Hull at a bewildering average of 2.75 goals per game. He's kept 1 clean sheet in his last 30 appearances. Not even McGregor managed stats as poor as that.

I remember a link at the back end of last year that suggested Marshall conceded an unusually high percentage of goals that he would have been expected to save. Him being dropped at Hull lead to an improvement in their defensive statistics.

I'd be wary of bringing him back. His wages would probably mean it's a no-go anyway, but he's definitely not the same keeper that did so well for us in the Premier League. He's dropped down the pecking order for Scotland, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Marshall has conceded 44 goals in 16 Premier League starts for Hull at a bewildering average of 2.75 goals per game. He's kept 1 clean sheet in his last 30 appearances. Not even McGregor managed stats as poor as that.

I remember a link at the back end of last year that suggested Marshall conceded an unusually high percentage of goals that he would have been expected to save. Him being dropped at Hull lead to an improvement in their defensive statistics.

I'd be wary of bringing him back. His wages would probably mean it's a no-go anyway, but he's definitely not the same keeper that did so well for us in the Premier League. He's dropped down the pecking order for Scotland, too.
    Leaving us was a mistake in hindsight. Maybe not moneywise but as you say he's form, stats and career have taken a hit.

Harsh to have a good at him for stats playing in front of that Hull defence under Micky Phelan, then running into a rampant Tottenham side playing an already relegated and downbeat Hull.

I bet he wished, he'd stayed on the bench.

Marshall wanted Premier League football but I don't think he wanted it at a northern backwater like Hull. Add that to the fact his missus obviously wasn't particularly enthused about the move and you got a player who's not exactly playing with his mind fully on his game.

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    I bet he wished, he'd stayed on the bench.
    I bet he wished he was still in rhiwbina!!

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I bet he wished he was still in rhiwbina!!
    I left my heart in....
    Rhiwbina......somehow doesn't have a ring about it like the original!

We'll always have a soft spot for him but Hull was never gonna be a good move.

Money and the PL aren't everything.

I would fancy Marshall to go to Celtic and Gordon to make a move elsewhere