+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bale

Bale

So in 4 seasons he's won a La Liga title, a copa del ray, a UEFA Super Cup, a FIFA Club World Cup and 2 (one game away from 3) champions leagues...

Not bad lad.

Re: Bale

Nice little haul that although ironically he will have more chance of picking up that 3rd Champions League if he doesn't make the team in the final.

Isco has been utterly superb in Bales absence and there is an argument to be made they are a better team with Isco rather than Bale playing behind Benzema and Ronaldo.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    So in 4 seasons he's won a La Liga title, a copa del ray, a UEFA Super Cup, a FIFA Club World Cup and 2 (one game away from 3) champions leagues...

Not bad lad.
    He must be feline terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Nice little haul that although ironically he will have more chance of picking up that 3rd Champions League if he doesn't make the team in the final.

Isco has been utterly superb in Bales absence and there is an argument to be made they are a better team with Isco rather than Bale playing behind Benzema and Ronaldo.
    There is no argument to call for bale's inclusion from where I am sitting!.

They've been far better without him.

I hope for his sake he is a sub otherwise the worlds media and football fans will go after him if they fail.

I hope for his sake he is a sub otherwise the worlds media and football fans will go after him if they fail.

He's gotten off pretty lightly really. I can remember a while ago complaining that ronaldo got given a new 5 year deal as it'd mean bale was in the shade when he could have become the big dog in madrid.....Bale has 4 goals this year or something stupid

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

He's gotten off pretty lightly really. I can remember a while ago complaining that ronaldo got given a new 5 year deal as it'd mean bale was in the shade when he could have become the big dog in madrid.....Bale has 4 goals this year or something stupid
    4 goals, or 9 in 26... whatever. Isco has 11 in 40, so yeah, outstanding. Bale's also scored 67 in 149 games, scored two winners in major finals, been outstanding in nearly every big game but he really has been awful.

If he's fit, I think he'll start as he always rises to the occasion.

I think its more than that but in his defence its been an injury hit season for him. Up until his first injury of the season he was playing well.

If he had any chance of starting the final I think he would have been on the bench last night and got some minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    4 goals, or 9 in 26... whatever. Isco has 11 in 40, so yeah, outstanding. Bale's also scored 67 in 149 games, scored two winners in major finals, been outstanding in nearly every big game but he really has been awful.

I hope you are right but he hasn't had a good game this season.

If he didn't have his reputation I'd struggle to say he should even have a place on the bench. When fit he hasn't been good.

Whether you like it or not - since April, Isco has played 11 times and got 5 goals and 3 assists. 4 of those as MOTM.

For the comparison, in Bale's last 11 games he has scored 2 and got 0 assists, no MOTM.

Isco is the man in form and he will start.

If you want to go down the Eric Half Bee stats route Isco and Bale have started the same amount of games and minutes on the pitch Bale 1921, Isco 1942 so almost identical.

Bale has 9 goals + 3 assists, Isco has 11 goals + 8 assists. Isco's passing success 89% v Bale 78%.

However all that aside I prefer to judge on what ive seen and since Isco has come into the team they have looked more fluid for me. Zidane has tweaked the formation so Isco has a free role behing Ronaldo and Benzema and in front of Modric and Kroos. Whereas when Bale plays it tends to be Ronaldo and Bale either side of Benzema. He certainly plays a lot wider than Isco.

Isco has really taken his chance since being given a run in the team this last 6 weeks or so and Ronaldo aside, who like him or loathe him, is still the main man and big game player for Madrid, has probably been their best player.

I hope you are right but he hasn't had a good game this season.

If he didn't have his reputation I'd struggle to say he should even have a place on the bench. When fit he hasn't been good.
    He was man of the match in el Clasico.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Whether you like it or not - since April, Isco has played 11 times and got 5 goals and 3 assists. 4 of those as MOTM.

For the comparison, in Bale's last 11 games he has scored 2 and got 0 assists, no MOTM.

Isco is the man in form and he will start.
    I'm not saying that Isco won't and he isn't any good, but to say Bale has been a complete write off this season isn't true. Bale has played 26 times, so in his first 15 games he scored 7 goals, 3 assists.

I can think of worse options to have on the bench...

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I can think of worse options to have on the bench...
    Prove it.

He had won more with Grange Quinns

I'm not saying that Isco won't and he isn't any good, but to say Bale has been a complete write off this season isn't true. Bale has played 26 times, so in his first 15 games he scored 7 goals, 3 assists.
    So his best form was beginning of the season, but hes then suffered injurires and loss of form. Whereas Isco is the man in form and Madrid have been flying since he replaced Bale in the team.

Taking the Bale/ Cardiff sentiment out of it then its a no brainer who should be selected.

He was man of the match in el Clasico.
    Which one he didn't play in either of the league games?.

I can't see him anyway.

I dont agree with the Lord that he hasnt had one good game this season, or that the season has been a complete write off but its been his worst season by far at Madrid in terms of goals and assists.

9 goals and 3 assists compared to 19-12 last season, 15-10 the year before and 21-16 in his first season. Even in his last year at Spurs he was 24-7 so this year has been by far his lowest contribution in the last 5 seasons.

Which one he didn't play in either of the league games?.

I can't see him anyway.
    He played in the 2nd league fixture last month and got injured 1st half. MOTM he was not.

Pedro talking as much nonsense as you on this thread.

Bale is the big game player, and will start if he's fit. He's a completely different player to Isco, why couldn't they both start?

He's a great player , but to be fair the bottom half of the Spanish league are easy pickings , so he will always win something , score lots of goals against weaker opposition, as does Messi and Ronaldo , love to see their outputs stat's , if they had played full time over the same period in the premiership.

So his best form was beginning of the season, but hes then suffered injurires and loss of form. Whereas Isco is the man in form and Madrid have been flying since he replaced Bale in the team.

Taking the Bale/ Cardiff sentiment out of it then its a no brainer who should be selected.
    Isco is in better form but I think they'll pick Bale. I've never argued that Bale should or shouldn't start, simply that he shouldn't be painted as a failure this season. He's played well when he was fully fit.

Also, player ratings and such are very much open to interpretation but whoscored.com have Bale as third:
    https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/52/S...in-Real-Madrid
    Last edited by Pedro de la Rosa; 22-05-17 at 14:27.

He played in the 2nd league fixture last month and got injured 1st half. MOTM he was not.

Pedro talking as much nonsense as you on this thread.
    My mistake, that must have been the back end of last season and it all blurs into one. Whatever Bale does though, he gets stick and it is often unfairly.

My mistake, that must have been the back end of last season and it all blurs into one. Whatever Bale does though, he gets stick and it is often unfairly.
    I do hope you are right. But I think to keep his place he is going to have to do more.

Asensio is a superstar in waiting. Isco is great form. Benzema will keep his place through thick and thin.

They've bought this new Ronaldo/Neymar and he'll arrive next year. 40 million quid.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/re...nicius-junior/

They are due a splurge on galacticos as well.

They haven't had a big presentation since Bale. Rumours are of mbappe.

I think people have been fair with Bale. If they weren't playing well he be the centre of the witch hunt. Luckily Ronaldo is on fire.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 22-05-17 at 14:58.

I do hope you are right. But I think to keep his place he is going to have to do more.

Asensio is a superstar in waiting. Isco is great form. Benzema will keep his place through thick and thin.

They've bought this new Ronaldo/Neymar and he'll arrive next year. 40 million quid.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/re...nicius-junior/

They are due a splurge on galacticos as well.

They haven't had a big presentation since Bale. Rumours are of mbappe.

I think people have been fair with Bale. If they weren't playing well he be the centre of the witch hunt. Luckily Ronaldo is on fire.
    Look at this from whoscored https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/52/S...in-Real-Madrid

Bale is their third highest average rating all season in La Liga, and 4th in the CL. He gets loads of stick and God knows why? It's Ronaldo's team first and foremost. Bale is one of the best British players to ever play abroad. There's a reason Zidane always picks him.