+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A40 incident last night

A40 incident last night

anyone else involved or see that idiots driving ? went by me between St Clears and Carmarthen when I had to take evasive action and swerve towards the central reservation

No reports anywhere apart from road shut in both directions !!

I saw a further "incident" just up from Carmarthen which is where I presume he crashed/ was stopped.

I hope to god nobody was injured badly, total mayhem !

Re: A40 incident last night

My mate was coming back to Cardiff from Tenby and said pretty much the same as you

Was it a white German saloon by any possibility, one went west to Tenby on fri night driving like a prick

this one I believe

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...-busy-13039129

went by us on the A40 by St Clears, dual carriageway with both lanes pretty full heading towards Carmarthen, I was doing 60-65 in outside lane, he came down the middle of both lanes 80-90+....If I had not looked for some reason in my rear view mirror I would prob have been hit, but managed to get out of the way as did most cars in front of me somehow. He was missing cars by inches...obviously went through Carmarthen roundabout and eventually crashed as per report.

Police were following him but I guess at a safe distance as it was obvious what was going to happen.....

wasn't going to bother posting this after the dreadful news from last night...as it seems to pale into insignificance now.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nicerino View Post
    this one I believe

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...-busy-13039129

went by us on the A40 by St Clears, dual carriageway with both lanes pretty full heading towards Carmarthen, I was doing 60-65 in outside lane, he came down the middle of both lanes 80-90+....If I had not looked for some reason in my rear view mirror I would prob have been hit, but managed to get out of the way as did most cars in front of me somehow. He was missing cars by inches...obviously went through Carmarthen roundabout and eventually crashed as per report.

Police were following him but I guess at a safe distance as it was obvious what was going to happen.....

wasn't going to bother posting this after the dreadful news from last night...as it seems to pale into insignificance now.....
    This one says it was 4:30pm but the one being talked about here was later

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    I think this was on Monday morning

Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/update...d-cross-hands/

that's the one