+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Champs League final - Pubs..

Champs League final - Pubs..

Wondering where to watch the game in town, thinking of the city centre.

Anyone got suggestions, ive spoken to a few of the bigger ones who have private booths and free bottle of bubbly, but they are 25-30 quid a person..

Will everywhere be rammed anyway?

Re: Champs League final - Pubs..

I'm going to stay as far away from the city centre as I can during the match.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    I'm going to stay as far away from the city centre as I can during the match.
    Cool but I was seeking recommendations/suggestions..

Quote Originally Posted by Namaste View Post
    Cool but I was seeking recommendations/suggestions..
    OK. I recommend you stay as far away from the city centre as possible. It's going to be a nightmare and will cost you an arm and a leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Namaste View Post
    Wondering where to watch the game in town, thinking of the city centre.

Anyone got suggestions, ive spoken to a few of the bigger ones who have private booths and free bottle of bubbly, but they are 25-30 quid a person..

Will everywhere be rammed anyway?
    What sort of knobhead wants to watch the football quaffing cheap plonk?

And in answer to your original question its a small city centre, where everyone knows pretty much bar / pub in town, so youre not likely to get some sort of hidden gem cropping up on this thread.

Im with itkman, ill be down the city in the afternoon to sample the atmosphere, then getting out of town for the game.
    Last edited by J R Hartley; 22-05-17 at 11:23.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

And in answer to your original question its a small city centre, where everyone knows pretty much bar / pub in town, so youre not likely to get some sort of hidden gem cropping up on this thread.

Im with itkman, ill be down the city in the afternoon to sample the atmosphere, then getting out of town for the game.
    That is indeed a fine and dandy plan, sir! But maybe i should of mentioned in opening post, there are a group of 6-8 of us who wish to watch the game in the city center, preferably with a private table, etc . I live just outside of Cardiff so know the bars so wasn't looking for 'hidden gems', but thanks all the same.

I was more curious to know if anybody seen any places that was advertising anything in particular for the game. i.e private booths. bbq's, free bag of quavers upon entry, that sort of thing such as Tiger Tiger with their Champs League Packages.

Will probably go down early try a few bars and end up in BierKeller anyway!

Not your sort of knobhead clearly

I know the reasons for the enquiry as it's crossed my mind in the past for say the FA Cup finals, so you may get someone on here who works in, or promotes such events.

What I will add is that there will be a very tight lockdown around the stadium and surrounding streets with barriers / checkpoints etc which also reaches out to the fan zone at Cooper's Fields. Only people with valid tickets and ID will be permitted access. For example, people living in town such as Westgate Street Apartments will have to show ID and proof of address. Others have been given redesignated parking spaces as the roads will be closed to all traffic!! So I'd suggest you're looking at the outskirts of town for drinking venues, which then probably defeats the object of 'soaking up the atmosphere'.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    I know the reasons for the enquiry as it's crossed my mind in the past for say the FA Cup finals, so you may get someone on here who works in, or promotes such events.

What I will add is that there will be a very tight lockdown around the stadium and surrounding streets with barriers / checkpoints etc which also reaches out to the fan zone at Cooper's Fields. Only people with valid tickets and ID will be permitted access. For example, people living in town such as Westgate Street Apartments will have to show ID and proof of address. Others have been given redesignated parking spaces as the roads will be closed to all traffic!! So I'd suggest you're looking at the outskirts of town for drinking venues, which then probably defeats the object of 'soaking up the atmosphere'.
    Why can't someone just answer his question ffs.

Just quit smoking completely

Any deals at the Wynford?

You could worse than try the Cow and Snuffers at Llandaff North. I hear it's been re-furbished recently and has several 'themed rooms' all of which have different TV streams.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Just quit smoking completely
    You need some new material mate. Getting unfunny and predictable is surely not the Colonels way?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You need some new material mate. Getting unfunny and predictable is surely not the Colonels way?
    Been crushing it like a boss for 30 years, I think I've earned an off day.

Been crushing it like a boss for 30 years, I think I've earned an off day.
    Absolute legend. Been crushing it for a decade, I really hope he stays but it really looks like we're seeing the end of an era.

Good luck wherever you go, Whitts

Just go up. There'll be plenty of pubs floating about.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Absolute legend. Been crushing it for a decade, I really hope he stays but it really looks like we're seeing the end of an era.

Good luck wherever you go, Whitts
    Oh I'm so sorry for using the same word twice in one fortnight, how will you ever forgive me?

Jesus Christ it's LIKE NAZI BLOODY GERMANY AROUND HERE

Oh I'm so sorry for using the same word twice in one fortnight, how will you ever forgive me?

Jesus Christ it's LIKE NAZI BLOODY GERMANY AROUND HERE
    Look mate, you're a decent poster, you've done us proud over the years and I really hope Mike keeps you on, but your best days are behind you and you're going to have to take a cut in wages.

Maybe get your coaching badges and work with the kids?

Otherwise it's off to the Cwnty for you.

Why not watch at home and save the queuing and the cost. Or just not watch the game at all and save all the bother.

As for those like yourself who actually want to enjoy a once In a lifetime experience of the champions league in cardiff, id imagine many would be setting up outdoor tents.

Mill lane might be my destination or potentially the fan zone in the park

I haven't lived in Cardiff for a good few years. Are either of the following worth considering to get in the spirit a bit without getting fleeced?

1. Canton
    2. The Fan Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I haven't lived in Cardiff for a good few years. Are either of the following worth considering to get in the spirit a bit without getting fleeced?

1. Canton
    2. The Fan Zone
    Not get fleeced in a fan zone?

I read earlier that UEFA won't allow booze to be served in the fan zones and they are ticket only?

Not get fleeced in a fan zone?

I read earlier that UEFA won't allow booze to be served in the fan zones and they are ticket only?
    As I remember it wasn't too bad in Bordeaux, but I was pissed and they have that funny currency over there.

I understand that there is to be be no smiling or talking in the sanctioned fan zone and that each entrant has to attend a 2 hour health and safety certification course prior to entry.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    As I remember it wasn't too bad in Bordeaux, but I was pissed and they have that funny currency over there.
    6 euros for a pint of non alcoholic beer 😂

6 euros for a pint of non alcoholic beer 😂
    They served alcohol, well Heineken I think it was, in the Fan Zone. My Buddy bought us two rounds of the non alcoholic stuff outside the ground for 30 odd Euros. Had a gulp and 4 pints went straight in the bin.