+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tony Pulis - nice chap

Tony Pulis - nice chap

Below is an article from BBC Football where he speaks about how Cardiff City need to be in the PL. His remarks seem to favour City and have a few little digs at our West Wales rivals I think. He's definitely gone up in my esteem.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40000599

Re: Tony Pulis - nice chap

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Below is an article from BBC Football where he speaks about how Cardiff City need to be in the PL. His remarks seem to favour City and have a few little digs at our West Wales rivals I think. He's definitely gone up in my esteem.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40000599
    He's a City fan, isn't he?

Also, nobody has ever used Tony Pulis and nice chap in the same sentence before

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

If Tan had pulled the Trigger on Malky sooner Pulis could have been our manager and I'm reasonably sure we would have stayed up.

Yes he was a City fan in his younger days so certainly has a soft spot for us. I recall that he was keen to manage us when OGS was sacked but for some reason Russell Slade beat him to the job

I know that's why I did it!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    Yes he was a City fan in his younger days so certainly has a soft spot for us. I recall that he was keen to manage us when OGS was sacked but for some reason Russell Slade beat him to the job
    True to form, City go for the cheap & cheerful option