+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Moyes resigns

Moyes resigns

So newly relegated Sunderland will have a different boss when they face us next season. Also Defoe looks like he's jumping ship as well.

Not sure how they are going to do in The Championship

Re: Moyes resigns

They'll do better without Moyes I think.

I can see them having a tough season, bit like Villa who found the transition harder than they anticipated. The difference is that they've been down more recently than Villa but even so I cant see them bouncing straight back.

I expect Moyes was asked to resign. Sunderland were absolutely useless and showed no fight. On top of that their better players will leave and the view must have been taken that Moyes was not up to rebuilding a competitive side to play in the Championship. The club is for sale and there is no money for new players. With Moyes Sunderland probably would be relegated again but with someone else they will at least have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    I can see them having a tough season, bit like Villa who found the transition harder than they anticipated. The difference is that they've been down more recently than Villa but even so I cant see them bouncing straight back.
    They haven't got Villas financial clout.

I didn't t think they will be in the mix at all. They are a club in a huge rut.

I can see them having a tough season as they will sell the few good players they have & I would expect the cash go towards reducing their debts (of £110m plus) as opposed to being reinvested in the playing squad

What a truly spectacular fall from grace.

What next? Would you want him at the City?

I wouldn't. I think he needs to take a long break from management.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What a truly spectacular fall from grace.

What next? Would you want him at the City?

I wouldn't. I think he needs to take a long break from management.
    There is a line of thinking that Gordon Strachan will get the boot from Scotland after they get gubbed by England in a couple of weeks. And Moyes will be a ready made replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    There is a line of thinking that Gordon Strachan will get the boot from Scotland after they get gubbed by England in a couple of weeks. And Moyes will be a ready made replacement.
    Might be more his speed. Although, I can't see him making much of a difference.

He could do a Brendan Rodgers and become a cult hero in the Scottish leagues with Rangers ..

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Might be more his speed. Although, I can't see him making much of a difference.
    To quote a Scotsman, "you can only piss with the cock you've got".