+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: John Terry: Thousands win on Chelsea captain's 26th-minute substitution

John Terry: Thousands win on Chelsea captain's 26th-minute substitution

Good job it was a well kept secret and it took everyone by surprise .

Re: John Terry: Thousands win on Chelsea captain's 26th-minute substitution

I just realised I'm two years older than John Terry. That's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I just realised I'm two years older than John Terry. That's weird.
    what minute would you have come off on ,and would you like a guard of honor to the drinks emporium that is the eddie bay bar

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    what minute would you have come off on ,and would you like a guard of honor to the drinks emporium that is the eddie bay bar
    I would be stretchered off within the first ten minutes from exhaustion and hopefully the hospital would have a nice selection of vintage saline drips.

Good job it was a well kept secret and it took everyone by surprise .
    I see paddy power are trying to get out of paying as didn't leave the field until the 28th minute even though the board went up in the 26th.

Good job it wasn't the keeper , he'd come off in the first minute .

I expect every member of Fagin's Gang ( also known as the Terry family ) had piled on the bet.

Well makes a change from shop lifting ( allegedly ).

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    I expect every member of Fagin's Gang ( also known as the Terry family ) had piled on the bet.

Well makes a change from shop lifting ( allegedly ).
    Isn't that alledged insider dealing

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I see paddy power are trying to get out of paying as didn't leave the field until the 28th minute even though the board went up in the 26th.
    How would this bet work though? I thought the idea was that Sunderland would kick the ball out when the clock reached 26:00 but that's the start of the 27th minute so if you'd bet on him to be subbed in the 26th you'd lose anyway (unless the ball was kicked out early).

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    How would this bet work though? I thought the idea was that Sunderland would kick the ball out when the clock reached 26:00 but that's the start of the 27th minute so if you'd bet on him to be subbed in the 26th you'd lose anyway (unless the ball was kicked out early).
    Apparently you have until 26.59 minues for the bet to count.

Hope the sacked pasty munching keeper had a bet on this.

baloo thats not a very nice thing to say

Apparently you have until 26.59 minues for the bet to count.
    So why are some paying out? I don't bet so I've no idea how this would work, surely the bookies would have exact rules for doing this and the punter would have a method of checking official match stats to make sure they weren't being ripped off. I assume a player is only subbed when his replacement comes on but match reports have Cahill as coming on in the 26th minute which would have involved some time travel if Sunderland didn't kick the ball out till the 27th, when the clock reached 26:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    So why are some paying out? I don't bet so I've no idea how this would work, surely the bookies would have exact rules for doing this and the punter would have a method of checking official match stats to make sure they weren't being ripped off. I assume a player is only subbed when his replacement comes on but match reports have Cahill as coming on in the 26th minute which would have involved some time travel if Sunderland didn't kick the ball out till the 27th, when the clock reached 26:00.
    I think some are honouring the bet, maybe those firms who offered lesser odds.
    Paddy power offered 100/1 and are being awkward as even though the subs board went up at 26 mins, with all the dicking about the change wasn't made until the 28th.

Seems like they have paid up now after having a load of abuse and bad publicity thrown their way.

Seems like they have paid up now after having a load of abuse and bad publicity thrown their way.
    I don't see why the bookies should pay out if he didn't go off till the 28th minute. If they're stupid enough to pay out to people who think the 26th minute starts at 26:00 then they must have more money than sense. The whole thing was a nonsense, I think John Terry should be made to pay out on all bets and then sent to jail for this but I accept that's an unlikely outcome.

Isn't that alledged insider dealing
    Can't see why this is any different to the 'keeper who ate a pie. Or was it a pasty?