Re: Callum Paterson deal close?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    What kinda player is he?
    An extremely pacey fullback

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Cheap
    Racist.

I've known some very generous Scottish people.

This one has been gaining ground last week or so. Clearly very talented and would have signed for W Ham in Jan but for a cruciate injury which will still keep him out till October. That is why I am slightly doubtful about this,particularly as Warnock needs to start the season strongly.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Racist.

I've known some very generous Scottish people.
    And I've seen rocking horse shit.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    This one has been gaining ground last week or so. Clearly very talented and would have signed for W Ham in Jan but for a cruciate injury which will still keep him out till October. That is why I am slightly doubtful about this,particularly as Warnock needs to start the season strongly.
    I think that Warnock's actions so far suggest that in addition to winning games he also has an eye on the longer term success of the club - a good example of this is his role in restructuring our U23 set up & getting Bellamy involved to develop our younger players. On that basis I have confidence that if players like Paterson are available, then Warnock will be interested even if they are not immediately available to him for selection. Even though he would miss the first 2 months or so of the season I would be really happy to see him sign for us as he is a good player & at 22 could get even better.

He is now in full training

I see that Wales Online report is saying that his contract runs out at the end of this month, I'd be surprised if that's right - good signing if we can get him, but are we being used by his agent to get "bigger" clubs interested?

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Where did you hear that as my understanding is that he only started running again a few weeks ago & has a lot more rehab to do before he can start full training?

Well running at least

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/0...eting-surgeon/

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    An extremely pacey fullback
    Sounds good him on the right and Joe Bennett on the left?

If he goes to rangers they have to pay 400k development fee, but presumably we would get him for nothing?

What ? In the close season. Doubt it.

there is no clos season for him as he is recuperating and needs to train

If he goes to rangers they have to pay 400k development fee, but presumably we would get him for nothing?
    Paterson is under 24 so as long as Hearts offered him a new contract (which I am pretty sure that they did) then we would also be liable for paying compensation if we sign him. I have seen £400/500k mentioned but not sure how this has been calculated.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    Paterson is under 24 so as long as Hearts offered him a new contract (which I am pretty sure that they did) then we would also be liable for paying compensation if we sign him. I have seen £400/500k mentioned but not sure how this has been calculated.
    How does that differ to when Adam Matthews joined Celtic. Did we not offer him a contract? We didn't get anything for Matthews did we?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    How does that differ to when Adam Matthews joined Celtic. Did we not offer him a contract? We didn't get anything for Matthews did we?
    I have heard conflicting stories here so not quite sure. I recall at the time that we claimed that we couldn't agree a contract with him which suggests that we offered him one. However, I met Matthews a year or two after he left & asked him what happened - he said that Dave Jones made it clear that he didn't rate him & he was not wanted at Cardiff, so he left. I don't know if we received any compensation but if we didn't then a contract was not offered.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    I have heard conflicting stories here so not quite sure. I recall at the time that we claimed that we couldn't agree a contract with him which suggests that we offered him one. However, I met Matthews a year or two after he left & asked him what happened - he said that Dave Jones made it clear that he didn't rate him & he was not wanted at Cardiff, so he left. I don't know if we received any compensation but if we didn't then a contract was not offered.
    I thought we didn't get money with matthews because it was an international transfer, or am I getting confused with ledley

I thought we didn't get money with matthews because it was an international transfer, or am I getting confused with ledley
    We received nothing for Ledley as he was 23 & it was an international transfer. If he had gone to a club who played in the premier/football league we would have received compensation. I can remember feeling a bit aggrieved at the time as I felt that Ledley could have done more to help us at a time when we were totally skint, although after a while I was able to look at it more objectively & could accept that he was perfectly entitled to do what was best for his future career

What kinda player is he?
    Kind of.

This piece says that we'd have to pay £400k for him and, reading it, our chances of getting him appear to be pretty high.

http://the72.co.uk/81719/cardiff-cit...gers-interest/