+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Breaking news of an "explosion" at Manchester Arena

Re: Breaking news of an "explosion" at Manchester Arena

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    Well done for using dead children to peddle your political agenda,you odious little prick

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    That is enough twitter for today, if not for a long period of time.

A lot of people are finding this funny.

Mainly Trump freaks.
    Like many things I guess, social media can be used to do a lot of good, but having seen some tweets I despair at how pigshit stupid some people are.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Like many things I guess, social media can be used to do a lot of good, but having seen some tweets I despair at how pigshit stupid some people are.
    Not so much pigshit stupid but just plain nasty. There are some sick people around

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Terrible times - nothing to say really other than the familes and friends who lost loved ones are in my thoughts and I feel for them all.

The attack level just been raised to imminent / critical.

Armed troops are now being deployed with the Police PM just announced. That still wont stop this happening again though.

The only way to stop this is a solution which will never be used. Interment of anyone who is on the radar and put under tag monitoring or kept at her majesty's pleasure until the problem is sorted - we cant have any more attacks like this one. I value democracy and freedom - I value a child's life more though.
    agreed

though can you imagine the uproar from the section of society who do not even want to allow the government to read E.mails and see our browsing history etc etc

I wonder how this guy got The plans for the device, i wonder who he exchanged messages with ? ? all online, maybe if a " red flag " had been raised, he might have been stopped

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    agreed

though can you imagine the uproar from the section of society who do not even want to allow the government to read E.mails and see our browsing history etc etc

I wonder how this guy got The plans for the device, i wonder who he exchanged messages with ? ? all online, maybe if a " red flag " had been raised, he might have been stopped
    What's the username and password for your email account mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Not so much pigshit stupid but just plain nasty. There are some sick people around
    One guy suggested that we drop a bomb on the people responsible.

One guy suggested that we drop a bomb on the people responsible.
    As we know from a football minute's silence, the one negative from a period of silence in reflection is that it allows the "empty drums" to make the most noise.

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    Well done for using dead children to peddle your political agenda,you odious little prick
    Considering the number of times you have used something terrible to peddle your personal agenda I guess this post has to be marked down as faux outrage.

Pearcey - The Americans did it after WW2 pearl harbour I believe. Pass a law to make it legal immediately, it would fall foul of the European Court of Justice - but to be honest - who gives a F about that now. Enough is now enough. It wont 100% stop someone from doing it - but it will make highly unlikely until we have sorted this sh!t out.

Anyone who is under suspicion needs to be tagged and detained until deemed safe, or kept at her Majesty's pleasure until we think the threat is gone.
    I can relate to the emotion, but locking people up because we suspect they could be a criminal?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    What's the username and password for your email account mate?
    I know this is an issue you are passionate about, but there's a world of difference between security forces having access to Blue Matt's emails and anyone who just happens to read ccmb having access to them.

I know this is an issue you are passionate about, but there's a world of difference between security forces having access to Blue Matt's emails and anyone who just happens to read ccmb having access to them.
    I concur

It's ok, he can PM the details to me. Shouldn't be a problem if he's got nothing to hide

I'm with the Colonel. I wouldn't want anyone snooping through my emails without my explicit consent. Anyone consists of all strangers including government agents.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I'm with the Colonel. I wouldn't want anyone snooping through my emails without my explicit consent. Anyone consists of all strangers including government agents.
    Blue Matt hasn't PM'd me the username and password for his email yet but in case he's worried, I would like to assure him that I definitely won't share his confidential information with anyone else probably.

Pearcey - The Americans did it after WW2 pearl harbour I believe. Pass a law to make it legal immediately, it would fall foul of the European Court of Justice - but to be honest - who gives a F about that now. Enough is now enough. It wont 100% stop someone from doing it - but it will make highly unlikely until we have sorted this sh!t out.
    I believe that involved 120,000 Japanese, half of them children, being removed from their homes and being placed in internment camps. Is something like that really what you're proposing? I believe congress later apologised for it.

Britain interned nearly 2,000 Irish people in the 1970s, most of them Republicans. The Troubles became a much greater problem as a result.

I wouldn't want to be locked up indefinitely without a trial so of course I wouldn't want anyone else to either.

I think you'll find when the UDF got involved and took a life for each life taken - things changed. But that is besides the point here - Im not talking about that scenario.

What would you rather - losing a child's life , or face a court case that meant you detained someone who was or wasn't a threat ? (Please answer that one) . At this precise moment in time I would side on the argument for internment where deemed necessary
    So we lock up a million or so muslim men in their 20's (Love to know where all these extra cells are going to come from btw) on the off chance that one or two of them might one day go on to commit and act of terror?
    They would, understandably, be a bit pissed off at this, and no doubt feel even more marginalised than they already are. This would be like Christmas come early to any actual terrorists with thousands of young, pissed off muslims that they could radicalise and train to commit terrorist acts when they get out.

It's an emotive time, but it's a time for rational thought and solutions that would work.

Find out WHY these young feel compelled to take the lives of innocents.
    Make them feel part of our society and not like our enemies
    Cure the disease, don't just treat the symptoms.

So we lock up a million or so muslim men in their 20's (Love to know where all these extra cells are going to come from btw) on the off chance that one or two of them might one day go on to commit and act of terror?
    They would, understandably, be a bit pissed off at this, and no doubt feel even more marginalised than they already are. This would be like Christmas come early to any actual terrorists with thousands of young, pissed off muslims that they could radicalise and train to commit terrorist acts when they get out.

It's an emotive time, but it's a time for rational thought and solutions that would work.

Great post, just my thoughts on this terrible act by a scumbag.

Some people need more stick than carrot and I think we're already seen as a soft touch in this country.

As a nation we need to seriously address the problems that religions are causing without constantly worrying about how hurt someone's feelings will be when we point out that their frankly insane belief in the teachings of some bell-end from a thousand years ago is fvcking shit up for us all.

Yes, all religions, I'm looking at you.

Taxing churches of all types and only allowing them to teach what they can scientifically prove is true would be a good start.

Obviously, ordinary prisons wouldn't be big enough.
    We could build "Camps" where we could "concentrate" this type of "undesirable" person.
    Keep them there forever, on minimum rations.
    Some might die of starvation, so what?
    We could then build on-site crematoria to save costs transporting bodies...

Oh, this has been done before, hasn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Yes, all religions, I'm looking at you.

Taxing churches of all types and only allowing them to teach what they can scientifically prove is true would be a good start.
    That's a ridiculous statement mate. You can't seriously suggest that the scientific community are the only people that can offer anything in this world.

Religion has done both it's fair share of bad and it's fair share of good in the world.

If you think athiesm would stop mindless killing then i believe you are severely mistaken.

Ok then it wouldn't be in the form of Isis etc but all over the world you see just as much barbarism where religion has no influence.

Million or so ? Where did I say that ?, where did you get that number from then ? - most estimates I have seen put it about 850 went to Syria to fight for ISIS

What I suggested was that anyone that was on the radar needs to be checked out and if deemed to be a danger - they need treatment / rehab etc - but it will be compulsory.

"Find out WHY these young feel compelled to take the lives of innocents." - he was probably drugged up and told put the vest on and do your worst - which he did.

They are radicalised to believe this BS - they need to be DE Radicalised - do you not think ? - or are you happy with the status quo - it's just become the new normal etc ?
    Its a slow process. People on the fringes of society, one who are lonely, feel excluded from their social groups. At this point they are invited into a social group they are made to feel involved. At the start they are not told their aim is to go out and kill. In the beginning they introduce a system of unfairness, that there are people of their religion and culture that are being killed in wars. This then evolves into a position where they must do something about it. It grows and grows into the endgame is an atrocity.

The actual bomber himself is not important to the group, he is the least important, he gets integrated he gets brainwashed and he gets thrown away.

If you get into a situation where you are locking up 1,000 young Muslims, then these people become easier to radicalise, the people will point at the unfairness of being locked up, use it as an example of victimisation, and use it as a tool to recruit more.

Firstly what we need to be doing is finding out why so many young go down this route, why are so many young people isolated and feeling in a position that they need to be in these sort of groups, then reach out to people within these groups, that are on the edge, that are having doubts about their actions (because this must exist). Offer these people protection in exchange for information. The idea is to get into the core of the recruitment process and punish that, and punish it hard.

Its not hard to see how these groups develop, you can see young people in the valleys disenfranchised with life, looking for a cause, its just in some communities there is a cause, and its a cause to do harm.

It's surprising what a terrorist event can frighten people into wanting really isn't it. Lock up people without convictions, allow snooping through emails and texts, increased surveillance at all events. Basically happy to give up our main human rights after a very small number of people are killed.

I bet George Orwell would be shocked at how quickly and easily this has all come about. Thank goodness we haven't had an attack the size of 9/11 or people would be letting Theresa May stick a security camera in every room of their house.

The fact is these are the actions the terrorist want, the same as they want boots on the ground in Syria. These are the actions that encourage terrorism, it's almost like we are destined to repeat the same mistakes every time.

Remember how much of a success Guantanamo was. We need to address the real reasons for terrorism and increase the budget of our intelligence services. The problem is now the attacks are becoming more and more lone wolf, which are almost impossible to stop.

Great post by qccfc, we need to get to the causes of terrorism and stop it at the source. The fact is society with huge inequality and people being excluded to the fringes of society always ends up leading to an increase in this sort of thing. With another 5 years of this government I can only see this sort of thing getting worse.

Not that I'd trust the opposition to do any better mind.