+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Breaking news of an "explosion" at Manchester Arena

Re: Breaking news of an "explosion" at Manchester Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Kids are doing it to get popular. If i found out my kid was doing that I'd be horrified
    Some people are just fekin weird.

A 23 year old man arrested apparently, just on 5 live

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Some people are just fekin weird.

Words fail me

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Speaking of shameful. Great to see some of our fellow bluebirds on **** using this to peddle their tory propaganda. Unbelievable
    There is a time for political arguments on this, but anyone who believes that time is now is beneath contempt.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There is a time for political arguments on this, but anyone who believes that time is now is beneath contempt.
    Like The Sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    AA has just demanded the death penalty for terrorists. I'm not sure he has been paying attention.
    Yep, nothing quite like the thought of the death penalty to make a suicide bomber think twice..

Speaking of shameful. Great to see some of our fellow bluebirds on **** using this to peddle their tory propaganda. Unbelievable
    I'm done with that site after that. AA and his band of merry men, with about 15 aliases each, can argue amongst themselves. They are the lowest of the low.

I think the other forum is more UKIP than Tory.

The Tories are at least clever.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I'm done with that site after that. AA and his band of merry men, with about 15 aliases each, can argue amongst themselves. They are the lowest of the low.
    TBF, I think the terrorists deserve that description, not them.

An 8 year old girl now named among those who were killed. This is beyond words, innocent children murdered. Harrowing.

R.i.p all those who passed away

Apart from the cowardly bastard who blew himself up I just hope he had his last moments in the worse pain possible

An 8 year old girl now named among those who were killed. This is beyond words, innocent children murdered. Harrowing.
    More info on that here http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk...-year-13079104

Her mum and sister both injured and in different hospitals currently. How do you go on from here? I'm not a parent and I know many on here are, how do you carry on with life if your 8 year old kid was murdered?

This has hit me hard.

Evening Standards cartoon:

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Mad as a fish View Post
    [/I]

I agree with all you say Zenith but, how the hell can you stop them, who are they? that is how terrorism works I'm sorry to say.

boots on the ground, ****ing annihilate them

More info on that here http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk...-year-13079104

Her mum and sister both injured and in different hospitals currently. How do you go on from here? I'm not a parent and I know many on here are, how do you carry on with life if your 8 year old kid was murdered?

This has hit me hard.
    You have to carry on for the sake of the surving children. How you manage to I dont know as its easier said than done and until your in that situation I suppose you will never know.

I have 8 and 12 year old girls, and we are taking them to Birmingham in November to see Little Mix. The missus now doesnt want to go and put them at risk. This was before the tragic news of the 8 year old girl so I can only imagine shes going to be even more against it now.

I am of the opinion you cant let them win, thats what they want, people living their lives in fear but I also understand my wifes point of view as shes not just thinking of her own safety, shes thiking of the kids.

Tough one. Hopefully by November she will have a different perspective.
    Last edited by J R Hartley; 23-05-17 at 13:39.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You have to carry on for the sake of the surving children. How you manage to I dont know as its easier said than done and until your in that situation I suppose you will never know.

I have 8 and 12 year old girls, and we are taking them to Birmingham in November to see Little Mix. The missus now doesnt want to go and put them at risk. This was before the tragic news of the 8 year old girl so I can only imagine shes going to be even more against it now.

I am of the opinion you cant let them win, thats what they want, people living their lives in fear but I also understand my wifes point of view as shes not just thinking of her own safety, shes thiking of the kids.

It's a difficult one. I'm far more willing to go places alone than i am with the kids.
    I went to France twice last year, once alone and once with my family. When i went alone i honestly never batted and eyelid but when i went with the family i must admit to thinking "what if"!

I suppose you've just got to keep on living and have the attitude "if my time is up my time is up"

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    That Tylorstown character is really gripping my shit today.
    Firstly, i am from the Rhondda and i don't think anyone from Tylorstown has ever voted Tory! Which leads me to believe he's another ridiculous multi.

Secondly, give the stupid laughing emoji's a break on a thread discussing children beimg bombed ffs

Very difficult and you certainly don't want to let these bastards 'win'. They will almost definitely be fine and these are the kind of memories you want your kids to have (i.e. having a great time at a concert). But can you really relax knowing that this tragedy is possible? It's not easy but now is not the time for you and your wife to have this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    boots on the ground, ****ing annihilate them
    Do you think that would work?

I was following it last night as it happened but it didn't really hit me, watching my daughter getting ready for school this morning and reading comments on twitter it hit me like a hard kick in the bollocks.
    My daughter is 14 and son 12 and along with the wife they are going to the capital radio summertime ball in Wembley stadium in a few weeks and I am now shitting it, which of course is the aim of terrorism in the first place. 80 thousand kids in the sunshine enjoying pop music shouldn't be a thing to be fearful of, but right now I would be happier if they didn't go.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Do you think that would work?
    No idea, but the current approach is having little effect

It's a difficult one. I'm far more willing to go places alone than i am with the kids.
    I went to France twice last year, once alone and once with my family. When i went alone i honestly never batted and eyelid but when i went with the family i must admit to thinking "what if"!

I suppose you've just got to keep on living and have the attitude "if my time is up my time is up"
    What a sad world it's become. When you were 11 years old, did you have that attitude then? It probably never entered your head I suspect, it certainly didn't me when I was 11 back in 1958. When I was 11 my dad took me to London for a week as a "treat" for passing the 11+ exam. As a lad growing up in the Valleys who hadn't been further than Bristol (on a school trip to the zoo) it was an amazing adventure. Somewhere I have a photo of myself standing on the doorstep of 10 Downing Street - that's how much the world has changed since those halycon days!

Anyone making jokes about this are ****ing sick, there is a line and you do not cross it
    Who and what was it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    What a sad world it's become. When you were 11 years old, did you have that attitude then? It probably never entered your head I suspect, it certainly didn't me when I was 11 back in 1958. When I was 11 my dad took me to London for a week as a "treat" for passing the 11+ exam. As a lad growing up in the Valleys who hadn't been further than Bristol (on a school trip to the zoo) it was an amazing adventure. Somewhere I have a photo of myself standing on the doorstep of 10 Downing Street - that's how much the world has changed since those halycon days!
    Whilst i agree you, i would also temper what i wrote with the perspective that you are are still far more likely to die travelling to a concert in a car crash than you are by a terrorist in the concert.

What happened last night is raw and harrowing but thankfully these atrocities still remain very sporadic and are not an everyday occurrence.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    I think the other forum is more UKIP than Tory.

The Tories are at least clever.
    I agree. I'm not Tory but I think on that site its unfair to link the Tories to them.
    It's more UKIP ( at most moderate ) BNP and EDL on there .