+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Breaking news of an "explosion" at Manchester Arena

Re: Breaking news of an "explosion" at Manchester Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    Why did Salman Abedi do it? Can you tell me why please.
    No i cant, there is no easy answer to this. I would imagine he has been integrated into a group and persuaded to do this.

Its not solely religious, its a combination of factors, that involve social, economic and global elements. The more you focus on the religion the easier you make recruitment.

In my life with the little interaction of people from other faiths, i tend to find them similar to my mainly christian group, where they all follow the religion in different ways, some practicing more than others.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    They are radicalised to believe this BS - they need to be DE Radicalised - do you not think ? - or are you happy with the status quo - it's just become the new normal etc ?
    That's exactly my point. They need to be deradicalised, but we also need to understand WHY they were radicalised in the first place and address that to prevent more people becoming radicalised.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Two people winding each other up. They have history they both dislike one another. Both are at fault to some extent.

Its not an example of a normal relationship between differing faiths.
    One guy gets called a racist and is then assaulted in his car but "both are at fault"? Really?

It seems to me that we are prepared to take any measure of nonsense from certain groups of our society as long as we can avoid being labelled racist, which somehow became the biggest crime of modern times.

We are such a soft touch in this country, I'm as liberal as they come but even I can see it's time to stop walking on eggshells and start treating those who believe in fairy tales with the contempt they deserve.

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    The inability to separate a government from people.

He may have despised the UK because of our part of the Libya invasion. I say "our", but it wasn't. It was not my decision or yours or the people in Manchester.

That country is now complete destroyed. We'll never know what that feels like.

Yet he targeted innocent children as an attack on the UK as a whole.

I don't think our leaders take enough blame. May banging on about unity then the coalition will carry on killing people in the middle east.
    His parents came to the UK seeking refuge from Gaddafi. Surely he should be grateful we gave them refuge and helped oust Gaddafi?
    It doesn't make sense if it was for political reasons after all this country did for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    One guy gets called a racist and is then assaulted in his car but "both are at fault"? Really?

It seems to me that we are prepared to take any measure of nonsense from certain groups of our society as long as we can avoid being labelled racist, which somehow became the biggest crime of modern times.

We are such a soft touch in this country, I'm as liberal as they come but even I can see it's time to stop walking on eggshells and start treating those who believe in fairy tales with the contempt they deserve.
    There is a clear history, they both knew each other. Some of the language coming out of the car was inflammatory. I imagine if i called someone a pedophile in my car they might hit me.

I personally think all people should be treated equally, in law and in practice. However if i was talking like that guy in the car to someone who is the same color and religion as me, id expect trouble.

His parents came to the UK seeking refuge from Gaddafi. Surely he should be grateful we gave them refuge and helped oust Gaddafi?
    It doesn't make sense if it was for political reasons after all this country did for them.
    Someone twisted a situation, made him believe and ideology and persuaded him to act on it. I would have imagined they would have used numerous methods.

Is this really the thread to be debating this? Come on show some respect.

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    That's exactly my point. They need to be deradicalised, but we also need to understand WHY they were radicalised in the first place and address that to prevent more people becoming radicalised.
    It's because they are told the Quran IS THE WORD OF GOD by the people they trust most in this world... Their parents. They teach them the good parts then as young adults they look on the net and get told the other half of the Quran, the real Quran and because their head is full of pixies from there parents they are radicalised. Simples.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Is this really the thread to be debating this? Come on show some respect.
    It's a thread on a football messageboard ffs not a funeral.

It's because they are told the Quran IS THE WORD OF GOD by the people they trust most in this world... Their parents. They teach them the good parts then as young adults they look on the net and get told the other half of the Quran, the real Quran and because their head is full of pixies from there parents they are radicalised. Simples.
    I think isn't that simple though, there are many other factors that come into it you can't blame it solely on the religion even if it is a big factor. There are so many socioeconomic factors that come into it.

If religion didn't exist there would still be terrorist acts committed by those on the fringes of society, there would just be another pathetic reason for it.

There is a clear history, they both knew each other. Some of the language coming out of the car was inflammatory. I imagine if i called someone a pedophile in my car they might hit me.

I personally think all people should be treated equally, in law and in practice. However if i was talking like that guy in the car to someone who is the same color and religion as me, id expect trouble.
    The guy in the car said he "doesn't stand for pedophillic practices", which sounds more than reasonable to me and yet he got hit in the face for it.

This is the quandary of the politically correct these days, the PC have found themselves having to stick up for a group with pretty messed-up beliefs, but defending them has become just a knee-jerk reaction.

If they stopped for a moment to really scrutinise what they're defending they'd surprise themselves.

Someone twisted a situation, made him believe and ideology and persuaded him to act on it. I would have imagined they would have used numerous methods.
    You're really going round the houses to avoid blaming a bonkers religion. Stop for a second and ask yourself why.

The guy in the car said he "doesn't stand for pedophillic practices", which sounds more than reasonable to me and yet he got hit in the face for it.

This is the quandary of the politically correct these days, the PC have found themselves having to stick up for a group with pretty messed-up beliefs, but defending them has become just a knee-jerk reaction.

If they stopped for a moment to really scrutinise what they're defending they'd surprise themselves.

The guy in the car is Tommy Robinson.

You know who's in the car right?

I would imagine no one stands up for pedophile practices. I think both of these people are in the wrong here, i think the behavior of both leaves a lot to be desired.

I wouldn't say i was politically correct, i have views that transcend both divides. I always think if i was that guy in the car saying that stuff in a pub, in the valleys, to other white males, i would more than likely get in a fight. By shouting at someone you dont support pedophile practices you suggest that the other person does.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The guy in the car is Tommy Robinson.
    Well I have no idea who that is, I just saw the video clip yesterday and took it at face value.

Well I have no idea who that is, I just saw the video clip yesterday and took it at face value.
    He's the guy who founded the EDL so it's safe to say there is more to their encounter than that clip.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    He's the guy who founded the EDL so it's safe to say there is more to their encounter than that clip.
    Fair enough.

That's a silly argument. There are billions of Muslims who all had a similar teaching that don't go around blowing people up. This bomber had three siblings who would have been taught the same stuff by the same people and unless there's more to come out of this, they don't appear to have blown anyone up either.

Well I agree with you in principle, but lets take a look at which religion just blew up a bunch of children at a concert based on the beliefs garnered from their holy book and try to get some real-world perspective on who is the worst threat right now.

EDIT: Besides, how can someone seriously believe in the teachings of a holy book from which they've had to pick their own parts to believe in because the other bits are evil? The whole concept is a joke.
    The problem with all of it, in all religions, is that children are being taught the passages & teachings of their 'holy books', by their fathers, imams etc, who are telling them that God is all powerful and that the teachings are all his words and he needs to be worshipped at all times. They then add in the caveat that whilst God's word is above all, they shouldn't actually rape women & pay off their father to make it ok, like God's word says. They shouldn't actually kill all who won't convert, like God's word says. They won't actually go to hell for wearing clothing of two different materials, like God's word says.

Books that have to be interpreted like that by children, just to stop them learning that a desire to behead all those kuffar bastards is all ok, should have no place in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It's a thread on a football messageboard ffs not a funeral.
    Cheers Croesy, I knew you were always a kind soul deep down, one of the best. X

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    The problem with all of it, in all religions, is that children are being taught the passages & teachings of their 'holy books', by their fathers, imams etc, who are telling them that God is all powerful and that the teachings are all his words and he needs to be worshipped at all times. They then add in the caveat that whilst God's word is above all, they shouldn't actually rape women & pay off their father to make it ok, like God's word says. They shouldn't actually kill all who won't convert, like God's word says. They won't actually go to hell for wearing clothing of two different materials, like God's word says.

Books that have to be interpreted like that by children, just to stop them learning that a desire to behead all those kuffar bastards is all ok, should have no place in the world.
    I agree. It's messed up. Not to forget, there are many parts of the world where the adults don't even have the educational level equivalent of children so they go through life with this confusing drivel floating around in their heads just waiting for the day they can be put to good use by anyone looking to manipulate them.

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    That's a silly argument. There are billions of Muslims who all had a similar teaching that don't go around blowing people up. This bomber had three siblings who would have been taught the same stuff by the same people and unless there's more to come out of this, they don't appear to have blown anyone up either.
    Yours is a silly argument. So it has to be a 100% radicalise rate to be true then? News for you, people are different, even siblings, some will be inclined that way some won't. Still don't change the reason why they are radicalised. What do all these bombers have in common? ...Islam!!
    Last edited by Richyrich; 24-05-17 at 12:42.

Let's put 100% in some sort of camp then

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    "I would imagine no one stands up for pedophile practices."

You are aware of the age of the Prophet Mohammeds wife Aisha was 9 years old when they consummated the marriage.

No doubt someone will point out soon - that was the way things were done back them...

ps there are 1.8 billion muslims worldwide (25% of the global population) , a 1% radicalisation rate is more than enough to cause carnage.
    Just googled and found this article about it:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ad-aisha-truth

Seems it's not quite so clearcut.