+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Breaking news of an "explosion" at Manchester Arena

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Breaking news of an "explosion" at Manchester Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    One guy gets called a racist and is then assaulted in his car but "both are at fault"? Really?

It seems to me that we are prepared to take any measure of nonsense from certain groups of our society as long as we can avoid being labelled racist, which somehow became the biggest crime of modern times.

We are such a soft touch in this country, I'm as liberal as they come but even I can see it's time to stop walking on eggshells and start treating those who believe in fairy tales with the contempt they deserve.
    There is a clear history, they both knew each other. Some of the language coming out of the car was inflammatory. I imagine if i called someone a pedophile in my car they might hit me.

I personally think all people should be treated equally, in law and in practice. However if i was talking like that guy in the car to someone who is the same color and religion as me, id expect trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    There is a clear history, they both knew each other. Some of the language coming out of the car was inflammatory. I imagine if i called someone a pedophile in my car they might hit me.

I personally think all people should be treated equally, in law and in practice. However if i was talking like that guy in the car to someone who is the same color and religion as me, id expect trouble.
    The guy in the car said he "doesn't stand for pedophillic practices", which sounds more than reasonable to me and yet he got hit in the face for it.

This is the quandary of the politically correct these days, the PC have found themselves having to stick up for a group with pretty messed-up beliefs, but defending them has become just a knee-jerk reaction.

If they stopped for a moment to really scrutinise what they're defending they'd surprise themselves.

Martyn Hett the 10th victim announced, late 20s

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    They are radicalised to believe this BS - they need to be DE Radicalised - do you not think ? - or are you happy with the status quo - it's just become the new normal etc ?
    That's exactly my point. They need to be deradicalised, but we also need to understand WHY they were radicalised in the first place and address that to prevent more people becoming radicalised.

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    That's exactly my point. They need to be deradicalised, but we also need to understand WHY they were radicalised in the first place and address that to prevent more people becoming radicalised.
    It's because they are told the Quran IS THE WORD OF GOD by the people they trust most in this world... Their parents. They teach them the good parts then as young adults they look on the net and get told the other half of the Quran, the real Quran and because their head is full of pixies from there parents they are radicalised. Simples.

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    It's because they are told the Quran IS THE WORD OF GOD by the people they trust most in this world... Their parents. They teach them the good parts then as young adults they look on the net and get told the other half of the Quran, the real Quran and because their head is full of pixies from there parents they are radicalised. Simples.
    That's a silly argument. There are billions of Muslims who all had a similar teaching that don't go around blowing people up. This bomber had three siblings who would have been taught the same stuff by the same people and unless there's more to come out of this, they don't appear to have blown anyone up either.

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    That's a silly argument. There are billions of Muslims who all had a similar teaching that don't go around blowing people up. This bomber had three siblings who would have been taught the same stuff by the same people and unless there's more to come out of this, they don't appear to have blown anyone up either.
    Yours is a silly argument. So it has to be a 100% radicalise rate to be true then? News for you, people are different, even siblings, some will be inclined that way some won't. Still don't change the reason why they are radicalised. What do all these bombers have in common? ...Islam!!
    Last edited by Richyrich; 24-05-17 at 12:42.

Is this really the thread to be debating this? Come on show some respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Is this really the thread to be debating this? Come on show some respect.
    It's a thread on a football messageboard ffs not a funeral.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It's a thread on a football messageboard ffs not a funeral.
    Cheers Croesy, I knew you were always a kind soul deep down, one of the best. X

I think isn't that simple though, there are many other factors that come into it you can't blame it solely on the religion even if it is a big factor. There are so many socioeconomic factors that come into it.

If religion didn't exist there would still be terrorist acts committed by those on the fringes of society, there would just be another pathetic reason for it.

Richyrich

I think isn't that simple though, there are many other factors that come into it you can't blame it solely on the religion even if it is a big factor. There are so many socioeconomic factors that come into it.

If religion didn't exist there would still be terrorist acts committed by those on the fringes of society, there would just be another pathetic reason for it.
    Missed this post sorry. Bollocks mate. Where are the Christian Arabs blowing them self up then? The atheist Arabs? Druze Arabs? yazidi Arabs? Where are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    The guy in the car said he "doesn't stand for pedophillic practices", which sounds more than reasonable to me and yet he got hit in the face for it.

This is the quandary of the politically correct these days, the PC have found themselves having to stick up for a group with pretty messed-up beliefs, but defending them has become just a knee-jerk reaction.

If they stopped for a moment to really scrutinise what they're defending they'd surprise themselves.
    You know who's in the car right?

Let's put 100% in some sort of camp then

Missed this post sorry. Bollocks mate. Where are the Christian Arabs blowing them self up then? The atheist Arabs? Druze Arabs? yazidi Arabs? Where are they?
    Are you saying there are no mass murders in the world committed by non muslims? They might not be blowing themselves up but there are plenty of heinous big attacks carried out by non muslims.

Richyrich

Are you saying there are no mass murders in the world committed by non muslims? They might not be blowing themselves up but there are plenty of heinous big attacks carried out by non muslims.
    452 suicide bombings in 2016. 450 were Muslims. Why do Western people defend this shit for?

Who's defending it I think it's disgusting that there have been that many suicide bombings. What I won't do is blame a whole huge group of people for the actions of very few. Because that is exactly what the people committing the suicide bombings want.

There are 1.8billion muslims. 450 have carried out a suicide bombing. Segregating and castigating people based on their religion will make things worse.

Richyrich

Who's defending it I think it's disgusting that there have been that many suicide bombings. What I won't do is blame a whole huge group of people for the actions of very few. Because that is exactly what the people committing the suicide bombings want.

There are 1.8billion muslims. 450 have carried out a suicide bombing. Segregating and castigating people based on their religion will make things worse.
    Who's blaming all Muslims. I'm blaming the ideology. Why is it wrong to say Islam is f**ked up?

Maybe in the past you could control what Muslims in your community learnt from the Quran but those days are long gone with the birth of the internet.

Until islam as a whole declines there will always be extremists. This will go on for centuries. People can bury their head in the sand if they want but this is not going to go away any time soon.

Who's blaming all Muslims. I'm blaming the ideology. Why is it wrong to say Islam is f**ked up?

Maybe in the past you could control what Muslims in your community learnt from the Quran but those days are long gone with the birth of the internet.

Until islam as a whole declines there will always be extremists. This will go on for centuries. People can bury their head in the sand if they want but this is not going to go away any time soon.
    Word War 3 will be fought between Sunni and Shia.

I agree the ideology is ****ed up, as is most religions but you are right that the others don't seem to have the same issue of a minority believing every word of the text.

Feedback

Why did Salman Abedi do it? Can you tell me why please.
    Mentally unwell.

Qccfc's post earlier is the best you will read on it. Those up the chain prey on those looking for longing and acceptance

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    The inability to separate a government from people.

He may have despised the UK because of our part of the Libya invasion. I say "our", but it wasn't. It was not my decision or yours or the people in Manchester.

That country is now complete destroyed. We'll never know what that feels like.

Yet he targeted innocent children as an attack on the UK as a whole.

I don't think our leaders take enough blame. May banging on about unity then the coalition will carry on killing people in the middle east.
    Absolutely right. It is a lot easier to say yes to the US and join them in bombing raids than say no.The likes of Blair,Cameron and May have a lot to answer for.

The bible spurned the crusades, isn't there a theory that since the western world developed differently we got our religious murder out the way a lot earlier when it was a lot more acceptable?

This isn't a defence for any scum bag terrorist but it's not like many religions are all about peace and love.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    We are all just pretending we know what we are talking about so I wouldn't worry about it. I tend to glance at wiki for 5 minutes and then write/speak about things as if I did a doctoral thesis on it, if people notice I just call them names and try to remember not to go in that thread again.
    Fair observation mate

I see the US are doing their best to undermine the investigation.