+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Villa & FFP

Villa & FFP

A classic quote from the Villa CEO

“We are marginally just outside and have sort of breached the financial fair play"

According to the new rules, Villa can lose up to £83m in three seasons without being penalised. Their last accounts show a deficit of £81.3m alone and it was thought that unless spending is reduced drastically, the club could be hit hard.

“It’s marginal for this year, very marginal," he explained. “But we’re not anywhere near sanctions at all.

“They ask you to put in your budget for the season and the budget we put in showed we would have breached it"

“Financial Fair Play gets more serious next year but there are ways around that with property valuations and different bits of planning"

Villa spent £72M on players last season. £40M on strikers at the cost of £850k / goal!

Re: Villa & FFP

If they dont get promoted this season they are f*cked!

They are still operating as a Premier League club with their transfer fees and wages. I think they are almost in denial that they are now a championship club.

I'm positive Villa will go up this season. It took them a while to get their shit together and everyone wanted a scalp.

Not sure if his quote is brutally honest and refreshing or just smug. Goes to show the real winners of football are the overpaid players.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I'm positive Villa will go up this season. It took them a while to get their shit together and everyone wanted a scalp.

Not sure if his quote is brutally honest and refreshing or just smug. Goes to show the real winners of football are the overpaid players.
    If they got their shit together, what did we do? We comfortably out performed them since New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

^^This.
    Spedger