+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Islamic State threat as assessed by British political candidates.

Islamic State threat as assessed by British political candidates.

I'm alive. They are not going to win!

Disgusting.

Ask the 1,000s of people directly affected by that guy they knew about.

We have a sex offenders register for people that as a general rule do not kill children.

No register for people the government authorities know are trying to kill us.

Get some balls Government.

Re: Islamic State threat as assessed by British political candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post

Disgusting.

We have a sex offenders register for people that as a general rule do not kill children.

You think a register will help against terrorist attacks?

Perhaps we should bring back the death penalty for suicide bombers.

200 Britons were killed by drink drivers last year. You and everyone else has more chance of dying as a result of a pissed-up motorist than by terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    You think a register will help against terrorist attacks?

Perhaps we should bring back the death penalty for suicide bombers.
    If the Government had locked up all the suspects they knew were a danger to us that atrocity would not have occurred.

Take your weak liberal arguments to hell.

If the Government had locked up all the suspects they knew were a danger to us that atrocity would not have occurred.

Locked tbem up for how long? Life?

So peados are not as bad as terrorists as at least they don't kill children?!? Try telling that to the family of poor little April Jones and countless other child rape / murder victims.

Without entering the blame culture or scoring political points,it is becoming more than a consequence you here after the event "the assailant was known to the authorities ,but not considered as a major risk" and those are the key words to pick apart , we have liberties that are protected ,we have heard on this board that granting authorities more access to peoples lives, such as listening and watching us is not appropriate ,and an intrusion on our private lives ,we dont like stop and search , we dont want identity cards , we have had arguments about the length of time one can be detained for question before being charged ,we dont have enough police or prisons anyway to cope with it ,and we dont want to become a police state or have armed personal on the streets , what is the next move then,as this is not going away,it will manifest itself and evolve ,unless we think of a way forward ?
    Last edited by life on mars; 23-05-17 at 23:52.

CITIZEN! It has been brought to our attention that you mentioned the word "hell" on the Internet.

You may be aware that this is a restricted word under The Religious Terminology Law of 2018 For The Safety of The People, Sub-Section 8c.

Submit yourself to the nearest detention centre within 24 hours for lobotomy electrolysis correctional therapy.

Disgusting.

How do you know there isn't one?

We often hear about, in a relatively low key, that someone's been arrested on terror related offences. This latest piece of scum was known to the police- that sounds like a register to me. Sometimes, it may be in our best interests to watch a suspect in order to learn more about his network, maybe leading to a bigger fish.

One things for sure, if there is a register and covert surveillance of suspects, the OB sure as hell isnt going to make that public knowledge.

Here's a thought. When people are saying on some of these stupid so called 'patriot' websites 'why aren't the Muslim community and their leaders speaking out'
    Who do you think is providing the intelligence services the information has stopped many potential attacks over the past 10 years or so?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    How do you know there isn't one?

We often hear about, in a relatively low key, that someone's been arrested on terror related offences. This latest piece of scum was known to the police- that sounds like a register to me. Sometimes, it may be in our best interests to watch a suspect in order to learn more about his network, maybe leading to a bigger fish.

One things for sure, if there is a register and covert surveillance of suspects, the OB sure as hell isnt going to make that public knowledge.
    This ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    200 Britons were killed by drink drivers last year. You and everyone else has more chance of dying as a result of a pissed-up motorist than by terrorists.
    Ah! That's OK then. Rest easy people, panic over.

What countries offer this more forceful and intrusive preventative action? Do they have a greater or lesser number of attacks/threats than the UK? Not necessarily the most important point (there will be many contributions to whatever the answer is) but something to mull over.

In this attack, if he was known and not considered a serious enough threat then why was this the case? What makes a "major risk" compared to a lesser risk?

If they attack our freedoms and we give up our freedoms as a result then they have won. At the same time we never want an event like last night to happen ever again. It's a difficult equation to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    What countries offer this more forceful and intrusive preventative action? Do they have a greater or lesser number of attacks/threats than the UK? Not necessarily the most important point (there will be many contributions to whatever the answer is) but something to mull over.

In this attack, if he was known and not considered a serious enough threat then why was this the case? What makes a "major risk" compared to a lesser risk?

If they attack our freedoms and we give up our freedoms as a result then they have won. At the same time we never want an event like last night to happen ever again. It's a difficult equation to answer.
    My thoughts exactly.

Lock up all suspects? I'm as angry and upset as anyone over the atrocities but come on that is a ridiculous idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Ah! That's OK then. Rest easy people, panic over.
    What I stated is factually correct. Look it up.

The streets would run red with blood if they were given free reign.

Why people feel the need to discredit the threat from behind their computer screens is beyond me.

Why bother covering wars?. Cancer and other illnesses kill more.

Last time I checked people die while driving, that is an accepted but awful consequence sometimes. People know illness is an accepted part of life also.

They don't die going to watch an ex disney star sing some songs.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 24-05-17 at 07:22.

Disgusting.

The concept of conviction must have escaped you.You can't persecute people because of their religion.Even football hooligans that are on a watch list have earned that honour because of previous convictions.

1,700 Britons were killed last year by sober drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    1,700 Britons were killed last year by sober drivers.
    Are you suggesting driving vehicles in the UK should cease so that 1,900 Britons won't die each year? If you are, then you're entitled to your opinion. Mine is the UK would become a third world country in next to no time as the economy would collapse resulting in people dying like flies.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    The streets would run red with blood if they were given free reign.

Why people feel the need to discredit the threat from behind their computer screens is beyond me.

Why bother covering wars?. Cancer and other illnesses kill more.

Last time I checked people die while driving, that is an accepted but awful consequence sometimes. People know illness is an accepted part of life also.

They don't die going to watch an ex disney star sing some songs.
    I was minimising the threat because the threat is indeed minuscule. In addition to statistically having more to fear by being mowed down and killed by sozzled criminal drivers, we are also statistically a great deal more likely to win a million quid playing the lottery as Camelot reckons 347 Britons became millionaires in 2016. All I'm doing is adding some much needed perspective. If more people turned off their TV and switched on their brain they'd figure it out for themselves.

Feedback

What I stated is factually correct. Look it up.
    equating deaths caused by idiots who should have known better with deaths caused by those who deliberately set out to murder is bizarre, even when measured using your own weird-o-meter

Feedback

I was minimising the threat because the threat is indeed minuscule. In addition to statistically having more to fear by being mowed down and killed by sozzled criminal drivers, we are also statistically a great deal more likely to win a million quid playing the lottery as Camelot reckons 347 Britons became millionaires in 2016. All I'm doing is adding some much needed perspective. If more people turned off their TV and switched on their brain they'd figure it out for themselves.
    here's some perspective for you. Yesterday in the Arndale, what would have probably been a typical alarm going off resulted in a mass panic and flight. all understandable given the context of recent events.

when you hear of a drink drive offence people tend not to change their behaviour. your thinking is muddled somewhat

Are you suggesting driving vehicles in the UK should cease so that 1,900 Britons won't die each year? If you are, then you're entitled to your opinion. Mine is the UK would become a third world country in next to no time as the economy would collapse resulting in people dying like flies.
    I'm suggesting maybe everybody should drink and drive. Less deaths on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    equating deaths caused by idiots who should have known better with deaths caused by those who deliberately set out to murder is bizarre, even when measured using your own weird-o-meter
    Drink drivers are criminals. They don't set out to kill people, granted, but kill them they do, and in much greater numbers than terrorists do on British streets.