+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe Ledley

Joe Ledley

Strong rumours he's on his way back.
    Happy? Where does he fit in?
    Not sure myself.

Re: Joe Ledley

Put him next to Gunnar, then you have a solid base to play 3 in front of them behind Zohore. He's a much better player and passer than Ralls.

Holding midfielder behind Gunnarsson/Ralls?

Depends how we want to play really, he'd be a solid holding midfielder and also a good partner for Gunnarsson

Better than all central players we have

Hope he shaves that frigging beard off first.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Strong rumours he's on his way back.
    Happy? Where does he fit in?
    Not sure myself.
    Would absolutely love it if he came back

Swansea regained their form when 35 year old Leon Britton came back into their side

Joe is 30 and would make us better - no brainer

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    hairesy

Or better still would be Gunnar growing his back. That would look like a frightening midfield

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    Or better still would be Gunnar growing his back. That would look like a frightening midfield
    Ya, really frighting, NOT !
    http://itsgoneviral.com/wp-content/u...2016/08/UA.jpg

Other teams would be pi$$ing themselves

O

Blue in the Face

tie Gunnar's and Joe's beards together and put them in goal

Couldn't agree more. Where did the ISIS chic look originate ? Who wants to look
    like a ferking suicide bomber ?

I'd welcome Joe home though.

Warnock's QPR team played with 2 deep cm in derry and faurlin. Also kind of makes sense if we are looking at having attacking fullbacks.
    That leaves either 2 wingers and 2 strikers or wingers a number 10 and a striker.

We need pace in the side and Ledley does not have that, sadly.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    We need pace in the side and Ledley does not have that, sadly.

StT.
    <><
    We do need pace, but in Warnock's QPR team he had 2 sitting midfielders to free up players like routledge, taraabt buzaky Ephraim to focus on attacking.
    Pace in the side doesn't have to mean every player

Well his house in Penarth is being renovated. I walk past it often as my parents live nearby. Would love to see him back, I remember his debut - what a bundle of energy, speed and skill he was. Also his two goals at Wembley were two of the biggest moments I've had as a City supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    We do need pace, but in Warnock's QPR team he had 2 sitting midfielders to free up players like routledge, taraabt buzaky Ephraim to focus on attacking.
    Exactly, and he's free. Personally I think if we can get him back, we should but if we can get him back on sensible wages it is a low risk, high potential move. If you get a base of him and Gunnar, with two wingers and a quick/creative 10 in front as we were playing near the end of the season, we'd be well set up! Also, even if he isn't the quickest, he can run all day.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    Well his house in Penarth is being renovated. I walk past it often as my parents live nearby. Would love to see him back, I remember his debut - what a bundle of energy, speed and skill he was. Also his two goals at Wembley were two of the biggest moments I've had as a City supporter.
    I loved that goal vs Sheff United. A massive goal and a massive result, the day after we sold Kav.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot..._1/4300319.stm

Would be a good buy , I understand hes a character in the dressing room as well which helps in a three with Ralls who is till learning and Gunnerson , should give us a helva of an engine room , whcih we then supplement with two wing backs or wingers pushed higher up the field .

If he is considering offers I think he owes us one,as I felt at the time he could have signed a contract and enabled a fee to paid to us before moving to Celtic

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    With respect we've already got sitting midfielders: Gunnars, Ralls, O'Keefe, each with far more pace than Ledley. Furthermore, Bamba can also play in that position.

StT.
    <><

With respect we've already got sitting midfielders: Gunnars, Ralls, O'Keefe, each with far more pace than Ledley. Furthermore, Bamba can also play in that position.

StT.
    <><
    Not convinced by bamba in midfield, O'Keefe is out of favour and ralls isn't really a player who will sit and protect the back 4.
    Ledley is an improvement on any of them

StT.
    <><
    They may be more mobile but they're not very good at football. If you want team of runners, get some Olympians in. Joe can pick a pass and get around the pitch. Look at HRK's goal vs Slovakia, it's Ledley's ball which opens them up. He's a much better player than you give him credit for.

FWIW I think Gunnar and Ralls are good at what they do they're hardly creative forces though.

Hopefully he can convince his best mate in the Wales setup to become our keeper.

StT.
    <><
    There's more to football than pace, Ledley is a far better footballer than all those you've mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    There's more to football than pace, Ledley is a far better footballer than all those you've mentioned
    There's not when you haven't got any of it.

StT.
    <><

There's not when you haven't got any of it.

StT.
    <><
    Footballing ability is more important than physical attributes, what's the point being quick if you can't pass or control a ball?