+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Joe Ledley

Re: Joe Ledley

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    No, we get a fee as he has been offered a contract on an equal or higher wage (presumably) and is under 23. It will go to a tribunal if the clubs can't agree a fee. For example, Ings cost Liverpool £6.5m, plus £1.5 in bonuses and 20% sell on, this was agreed at tribunal.
    Sell him bring in Willie Anderson for some real width and quality crossing, he's out of contract

He's not replied to tweets asking if he's coming to the city - could mean anything but I like to think it's because he's keeping the fact he's far down the line to signing up to CCFC hidden till it's official.

Blue in the Face

:sulk:

Joe Ledley: Neil Warnock plays down Cardiff City return link

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40108927

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock has played down suggestions Crystal Palace midfielder Joe Ledley could return to the club.

Wales international Ledley, 30, is out of contract this summer.

But he is not a target for Warnock, who also said Cardiff winger Kadeem Harris has agreed to sign a new deal.

"I know Joe. I was at Palace with him, he's a very good pro, but I've not heard from his people and I've not made any enquiries," said Warnock.

Cardiff-born Ledley spent six years with the Bluebirds at the start of his career, making 258 appearances.

He joined Celtic in 2010 before moving on to Palace in 2014, where he played under Warnock.

The former Sheffield United manager has already made two signings during the off-season, goalkeeper Neil Etheridge and winger Nathaniel Mendez-Laing.

The latter will provide competition for the likes of Harris and Junior Hoilett, who are currently vying for places on Cardiff's flanks.

Harris, 23, enjoyed a breakthrough campaign last season as he made 38 appearances for the Bluebirds.

With the former Wycombe player's current deal about to expire, Warnock wants to see him push on next season.

"Kadeem has agreed a contract. Everything's been agreed apart from his signature," the 68-year-old told BBC Wales Sport.

"He's got the confidence. I'm hopefully going to sign players to give him competition because I don't think we got enough goals from Kadeem and Junior last year.

"They know that, they've got to produce more goals, but they were both instrumental in a good run."

No deadline for Whittingham

Another whose contract expires this summer is Peter Whittingham, Cardiff's longest-serving current player.

As one of the club's highest earners, the 32-year-old has been offered a new one-year deal on reduced terms.

"In Peter's case, quite rightly so because it's a reduced offer, he's looking at his options," said Warnock.

"If he could get two years - and his agent says one or two clubs are offering him that - then you can't blame him.

"It's up to Peter. I think he'd be better off with us. I'm not really looking to replace him.

"I'm not saying he's going to be a regular but I think he could definitely make a good contribution.

"I've not set a deadline, I've not got anyone lined up in that respect. He's got to work out what's best for his family at this stage of his career."

Well, that's the end of that then. Or is it...

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Well, that's the end of that then. Or is it...
    It's not like NW to not tell it like it is. The only reason why I could think the club might want to go for a white lie would be to build up the hype of the transfer a bit more. But I'm just conjuring up reasons in saying that. Sounds like a dead end really.

Truth is, it's not an area of the pitch that we'd be up for blowing out wage budget on. Maybe later in the window after we can see how the squad is shaping up.

The rumours could have come from the Lesley camp, reminding clubs of his availability. Perhaps the newly promoted sides can offer him PL wages. We won't be able too.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    It's not like NW to not tell it like it is. The only reason why I could think the club might want to go for a white lie would be to build up the hype of the transfer a bit more. But I'm just conjuring up reasons in saying that. Sounds like a dead end really.

Truth is, it's not an area of the pitch that we'd be up for blowing out wage budget on. Maybe later in the window after we can see how the squad is shaping up.

The rumours could have come from the Lesley camp, reminding clubs of his availability. Perhaps the newly promoted sides can offer him PL wages. We won't be able too.
    No but he's not named names before and has surely distanced himself from targets int he past. That being said, I don't think it is very likely, although Phil Smith did say that once Warnock asked him to run the linked targets by him in case he forgot to look at anyone obvious!