+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suicide Bombers

Suicide Bombers

The general opinion is that there's not much you can do if someone wants to strap a bomb to themselves and detonate it in a public place.
    Ok British and world intelligence do a difficult and thankless job trying to monitor potential terrorists and no doubt prevent thousands of incidents, but surely there has got to be an answer somewhere out there.
    Education is the obvious one, but is easier said than done. Human spirit is great, and people all over the world unite in the face of these horrific acts, but have we all got to live the rest of our lives just excepting that at any moment we could get blown apart by an act of terrorism, or is there a way to guide the planet with all its diversity and different religions, onto a path of relative peace, before we are all involved in the ultimate explosion?

Re: Suicide Bombers

How would you feel if these were stood behind you in a shopping centre:---

http://www.britainfirst.org/wp-conte...IL-600x314.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest, it's happened plenty of times. Would you be scared?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    The general opinion is that there's not much you can do if someone wants to strap a bomb to themselves and detonate it in a public place.
    Ok British and world intelligence do a difficult and thankless job trying to monitor potential terrorists and no doubt prevent thousands of incidents, but surely there has got to be an answer somewhere out there.
    Education is the obvious one, but is easier said than done. Human spirit is great, and people all over the world unite in the face of these horrific acts, but have we all got to live the rest of our lives just excepting that at any moment we could get blown apart by an act of terrorism, or is there a way to guide the planet with all its diversity and different religions, onto a path of relative peace, before we are all involved in the ultimate explosion?
    Religion by its very nature is schism upon schism - and the biggest conflicts are often between the closest schisms.

This might be the first time you've ever posted a picture of a female without some uncomfortable sexual comment.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    This might be the first time you've ever posted a picture of a female without some uncomfortable sexual comment.
    he is the Alf Garnett of ccmb, but even less funny

There is a way forward and that is for the Muslim community to rise and stand up and seek its own solution if as its says its not the majority which I believe ,below are a few ideas :

Open its mosques to everyone and announce and banner that as so .
    Have open days
    Televise these prey events and side events
    Become more integrated
    Put notices outside mosques , visually condemning radicals,march as so .
    State publically everywhere , outside mosques , Muslim schools that these radicals " are not one of us or represent our religion "
    Give up those they suspect are showing tendency radical views/ways or those who show show anger towards their new openness and solidarity against these type of ideology .

For me there is not enough evidence that the above happens .

It'll never be possible to prevent 100% of all attacks, they do the best they can but while vulnerable people are getting their views twisted this kind of thing will continue.

Having an open discourse about some of the issues that originally lead some people to these dark places. We have killed civilians etc. Give an outlet for this anger that doesn't lead to radicalisation.

One thing, not wanting to give any extremists any ideas, but I'm surprised drones haven't been used in a terrorist attack. Not sure of the mass they can carry, but strap some explosives or a gun to one and you have a terrifying situation and it's difficult to know what could be done to stop it.

Feedback

the media need to change tack on how it reports such atrocities. stop giving them airtime that they crave, stop reporting in a manner in which they perceive assists their cause.

This is a mindless few who have a warped way of thinking. starve them of the publicity they so desperately want

It would jog my memory that I had stuff to post.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    There is a way forward and that is for the Muslim community to rise and stand up and seek its own solution if as its says its not the majority which I believe ,below are a few ideas :

Have open days
    Become more integrated
    State publically everywhere , outside mosques , Muslim schools that these radicals " are not one of us or represent our religion "
    Give up those they suspect are showing tendency radical views/ways or those who show show anger towards their new openness and solidarity against these type of ideology .

Do you think if Catholic churches and schools had done that during the troubles it would have changed things?

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    the media need to change tack on how it reports such atrocities. stop giving them airtime that they crave, stop reporting in a manner in which they perceive assists their cause.

This is a mindless few who have a warped way of thinking. starve them of the publicity they so desperately want
    I was thinking about something similar to this the other day.
    I was actually thinking about streakers at sporting events, in the good old days of Erica roe etc they showed them in all of their glory, but at some point TV editors good the decision not to show them on screen, cut away to someone else, and not to laugh at their antics i.e. dont give them the reaction they wanted. As a result you don't see it as often these days.
    If the media were similarly responsible on how they reported these attacks they may see a similar effect. Perhaps.

People conducting these attacks are looking for hate instead of laughter, and we are only too happy to give it to them. I'm not sure how else they could respond, perhaps with sober reflection. Or compassion towards the family of the suicide bombers who knows.

The trouble is, these days there are millions of people reacting on social media, and it would not be possible to insist on a particular response from everyone. To revert back to the streaker analogy- we would all be straight on the internet to Google the pictures.
    To make matters worse, there are groups of people operating on social media trying to stir up exactly the response the terrorists want.
    IMG_20170524_121346.jpg

There are numerous examples of people like this springing up on social media, purporting to be from the UK and wanting to provoke a response, when they are clearly from other countries.
    Possibly these are paid or possibly they are just wierdos but there are quite a few of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Do you think if Catholic churches and schools had done that during the troubles it would have changed things?
    With respect there is difference , Catholicism is part of us as a culture, I'm old enough to remember Catholics openly condemning the troubles and demonstrating against the atrocities , and yes they were open to us , this is about culture as well, that is /has become isolated from the mainstream for the culture and their religion , which has suited both sides , you don't have the separation of our society/culture with Catholicism as you do with Islam and Muslims.

Have open days
    Become more integrated

What kind of evidence that they are reporting suspects do you realistically think you will ever hear about?

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post

True.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Anyone is free to attend a catholic church - and always have been
    I've visited mosques on holiday. They're not particularly interesting but they let me in.

What kind of evidence that they are reporting suspects do you realistically think you will ever hear about?
    It does happen, and it does get reported. Can you imagine turning one of your children in?

Education? The guy who has just killed 22 people by strapping a bomb loaded will nails primarily targeting young girls went to Salford University studying Business Management. You'd be suprised how many people are radicalised at University, it only takes a Google search to see this.

As for the media should starve these people of the attention they require... rubbish. So now the press isn't supposed to report to the population on major events? We should all blindly carry on as usual as if there's no problems in our society - where 2 terror attacks in the last 2 months, suggests otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Good clean drugs, end of thread.

Have open days
    Become more integrated

This would be a very positive step forward.

Did a job for an Iranian Kurd in the workshops last week, he was dismissive about ISIS and loved living in the UK . not generally the way we are led to believe muslims feel in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    It does happen, and it does get reported. Can you imagine turning one of your children in?
    I expect it happens but I've never seen it reported. I would have thought if a big deal was made of it then it would vastly reduce the chances of more being turned in, like having an intelligence source compromised. But I'd be interested to see an article about what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    When you walk past Sophia Gardens cricket stadium - there are countless messages stating that there is NO racist chanting etc - same would be a good idea for Mosques to have similar style banners, we offer peace , we are not racist - we do not allow racism or terrorists in this place etc. Anyone should be able to go to a mosque regardless of what is going on - just like a church.

I would have thought that any Mosque would be open to that - come on in and talk to us type attitude. The fact that women and men arent allowed to sit together in a mosque speaks volumes for the backwards mentality of that religion.
    I've seen signs outside churches/cathedrals saying tourists are not allowed in during services, just worshippers.

In my humble opinion, it appears that mankinds biggest weakness, even bigger than greed, the need to to have an imaginary god to use as a life crutch, will ultimately be its downfall.

I expect it happens but I've never seen it reported. I would have thought if a big deal was made of it then it would vastly reduce the chances of more being turned in, like having an intelligence source compromised. But I'd be interested to see an article about what happened.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ckpack-knives/

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Missed that story, only a few weeks ago