+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suicide Bombers

Re: Suicide Bombers

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I expect it happens but I've never seen it reported. I would have thought if a big deal was made of it then it would vastly reduce the chances of more being turned in, like having an intelligence source compromised. But I'd be interested to see an article about what happened.
    I remember one quite recently where the family had reported their son to the police for having literature etc and showing signs of having been radicalised. The guy got about 5 years and the family were horrified, they only wanted him radicalised. (If there is such a thing)
    I cant find anything on the internet about it though.

Missed that story, only a few weeks ago
    Does seem to be very few and far between .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    There is a way forward and that is for the Muslim community to rise and stand up and seek its own solution if as its says its not the majority which I believe ,below are a few ideas :

Open its mosques to everyone and announce and banner that as so .
    Have open days
    Televise these prey events and side events
    Become more integrated
    Put notices outside mosques , visually condemning radicals,march as so .
    State publically everywhere , outside mosques , Muslim schools that these radicals " are not one of us or represent our religion "
    Give up those they suspect are showing tendency radical views/ways or those who show show anger towards their new openness and solidarity against these type of ideology .

For me there is not enough evidence that the above happens .
    I am not one to usually get involved in these type of debates/discussions. But IMO, the answers and solutions lay within their own communities. I agree with 'Life on Mars' - not enough is being done within the muslim community, either by parents or religious leaders. It seems the latter have in many cases been the orchestrators of radicalisation.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Good clean drugs, end of thread.

Missed that story, only a few weeks ago
    I tried a couple more searches and came up with this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/...4-96cec7824254

Just as heartbreaking for this mother as any other losing a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post

I often think it's worse for the parents of the people who commit these atrocities.
    Like that German guy who flew his plane into a mountain. Not only have his parents lost their son, but they have to live with the knowledge of what he did to hundreds of innocent people. I doubt you can grieve properly with that knowledge.

Mad story, really brings home how local a story this is to all of us.

What sort of person wants to committ such a murderous act? If it's one where they also die then you can discount psychopaths and you are left with emotional humans who have listened to the wrong people and been shown how to prepare. Can we provide a more persuasive positive message? Can we look at more for those most vulnerable?

There was a post on Facebook today saying Isis follow an Islamic ideology which is promoted by the Saudi government. If this is true then is a western world wanting such close relations with Saudi Arabia really the best idea?

We sell them weapons even, it's crazy

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    the media need to change tack on how it reports such atrocities. stop giving them airtime that they crave, stop reporting in a manner in which they perceive assists their cause.

This is a mindless few who have a warped way of thinking. starve them of the publicity they so desperately want
    It's not by accident or coincidence that the corporate media willingly become terrorists' publicity arm when atrocities occur here and other majority white countries, especially when Muslim or Muslim sympathisers are deemed responsible. The massive, prolonged coverage serves several purposes. One is to cause social divisions. Another is to convey the false impression that terrorism is an existential threat to our way of life. The number one reason is to provide cover for governments to expand their power which reduces the civil liberties of their citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    It's not by accident or coincidence that the corporate media willingly become terrorists' publicity arm when atrocities occur here and other majority white countries, especially when Muslim or Muslim sympathisers are deemed responsible. The massive, prolonged coverage serves several purposes. One is to cause social divisions. Another is to convey the false impression that terrorism is an existential threat to our way of life. The number one reason is to provide cover for governments to expand their power which reduces the civil liberties of their citizens.
    Wow. Truly crazy.

Along with your end of the world thread the other week.

Demented.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Wow. Truly crazy.

Along with your end of the world thread the other week.

Demented.
    I posted what's below at the Politics forum earlier. It concerns what Trump has said and wrote during the past five years. You can verify that the quotes are accurate and in context easily enough for yourself if you can summon the energy. I suppose in your world he's demented too.

A little over a year ago he twice said Saudi Arabia was behind the 9-11 attacks. “Who blew up the World Trade Center? It wasn’t the Iraqis, it was Saudi — take a look at Saudi Arabia, open the documents,” is what he said on one occasion and conveniently forgotten by him and the corporate media nowadays.

In a book he wrote that was published in 2011 he stated that Saudi Arabia is the 'world’s biggest funder of terrorism' and 'Saudi Arabia funnels our petro dollars, our very own money, to fund the terrorists that seek to destroy our people while the Saudis rely on us to protect them.'

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I believe this is true .
    What are the chances of getting hurt in a terrorist attack next to zero , zilch middle of a donut. Yet we are led to believe we will be next .

There is a way forward and that is for the Muslim community to rise and stand up and seek its own solution if as its says its not the majority which I believe ,below are a few ideas :

Have open days
    Become more integrated
    State publically everywhere , outside mosques , Muslim schools that these radicals " are not one of us or represent our religion "
    Give up those they suspect are showing tendency radical views/ways or those who show show anger towards their new openness and solidarity against these type of ideology .

Will they have time to go to work, look after their kids and watch some telly amongst all this public relations work you are expecting them to do?

What kind of evidence that they are reporting suspects do you realistically think you will ever hear about?
    They can write about it on the banners and posters duhh

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    I am not one to usually get involved in these type of debates/discussions. But IMO, the answers and solutions lay within their own communities. I agree with 'Life on Mars' - not enough is being done within the muslim community, either by parents or religious leaders. It seems the latter have in many cases been the orchestrators of radicalisation.
    Spedger
    In my opinion it is just a convenient way to blame all Muslims for the actions of a few dangerous violent radical ones.

I think OM has spouted the biggest load of propaganda in this thread, and Jimmy the Jock has fallen for it. Some radical lunatic has killed 22 innocent victims (including kids) along with himself , and some how the British media are to blame. The only thing they are guilty of, is trying to get to the truth.
    The cosecutive Tory and Labour governments have done more than enough over the yrs to cause "social divisions" without the help of terrorists., and try telling the parents of the Manchester fallen that the media "convey the false impression that terrorism is an existential threat to our way of life".
    Religious fanatics are a very real threats to our way of life in Britain, and we really should be facing this threat head on, instead of constantly belittling our media, as if they are strapping the bombs to themselves!!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    How would you feel if these were stood behind you in a shopping centre:---

http://www.britainfirst.org/wp-conte...IL-600x314.jpg
    Two were in st Davids centre yesterday and coming out as I went in. One said 'thank you' as I stood aside to let them out through door
    I held open. The other one didn't.
    I think we should bring back intternemt for that.

By the way Britain first ?

Banned

I believe this is true .
    What are the chances of getting hurt in a terrorist attack next to zero , zilch middle of a donut. Yet we are led to believe we will be next .

70+ people found out they were next,what are the chances huh?

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    70+ people found out they were next,what are the chances huh?
    Pretty close to one in a million.

Pretty close to one in a million.
    4E-06

That's the level of safety we build most large industrial projects too

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I think OM has spouted the biggest load of propaganda in this thread, and Jimmy the Jock has fallen for it. Some radical lunatic has killed 22 innocent victims (including kids) along with himself , and some how the British media are to blame. The only thing they are guilty of, is trying to get to the truth.
    The cosecutive Tory and Labour governments have done more than enough over the yrs to cause "social divisions" without the help of terrorists., and try telling the parents of the Manchester fallen that the media "convey the false impression that terrorism is an existential threat to our way of life".
    Religious fanatics are a very real threats to our way of life in Britain, and we really should be facing this threat head on, instead of constantly belittling our media, as if they are strapping the bombs to themselves!!
    I have my own opinions thanks , of course we should be careful , what happened in Manchester was shocking , should I believe a terrorist is about to dive bomb the millennium stadium during the European finals ? Should I keep away from the beach in case some nutter blows himself and my family up? Should I believe the world is full of crazies or there are a few nutters , well organised nutters who need to be stopped, putting the country into an over the top state of fear isn't going to fix anything .

The U.K. has dropped 1200 bombs on Libya and Iraq since 2004, killing over 1 million civilians. And we wonder why these young men are easily convinced to turn to terrorism.

Have open days
    Become more integrated

Mosques I know of in Cardiff ARE open to everyone
    Mosques DO have open days and the did publicise it #visitmymosque day was in February this year
    Muslims I know ARE MORE than integrated ( btw it works both ways)
    They visually condem terrorism and more ( even this last **** in Manchester own mother informed police way before he killed those poor people)
    The DO inform on suspected wannabe terrorists

There is more than enough evidence that this happens, YES more could be done but that also works both ways

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    The U.K. has dropped 1200 bombs on Libya and Iraq since 2004, killing over 1 million civilians. And we wonder why these young men are easily convinced to turn to terrorism.

Absolute and unequivocal bollocks.