Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
I think OM has spouted the biggest load of propaganda in this thread, and Jimmy the Jock has fallen for it. Some radical lunatic has killed 22 innocent victims (including kids) along with himself , and some how the British media are to blame. The only thing they are guilty of, is trying to get to the truth.
The cosecutive Tory and Labour governments have done more than enough over the yrs to cause "social divisions" without the help of terrorists., and try telling the parents of the Manchester fallen that the media "convey the false impression that terrorism is an existential threat to our way of life".
Religious fanatics are a very real threats to our way of life in Britain, and we really should be facing this threat head on, instead of constantly belittling our media, as if they are strapping the bombs to themselves!!
I have my own opinions thanks , of course we should be careful , what happened in Manchester was shocking , should I believe a terrorist is about to dive bomb the millennium stadium during the European finals ? Should I keep away from the beach in case some nutter blows himself and my family up? Should I believe the world is full of crazies or there are a few nutters , well organised nutters who need to be stopped, putting the country into an over the top state of fear isn't going to fix anything .