Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
the media need to change tack on how it reports such atrocities. stop giving them airtime that they crave, stop reporting in a manner in which they perceive assists their cause.

This is a mindless few who have a warped way of thinking. starve them of the publicity they so desperately want
I was thinking about something similar to this the other day.
I was actually thinking about streakers at sporting events, in the good old days of Erica roe etc they showed them in all of their glory, but at some point TV editors good the decision not to show them on screen, cut away to someone else, and not to laugh at their antics i.e. dont give them the reaction they wanted. As a result you don't see it as often these days.
If the media were similarly responsible on how they reported these attacks they may see a similar effect. Perhaps.

People conducting these attacks are looking for hate instead of laughter, and we are only too happy to give it to them. I'm not sure how else they could respond, perhaps with sober reflection. Or compassion towards the family of the suicide bombers who knows.

The trouble is, these days there are millions of people reacting on social media, and it would not be possible to insist on a particular response from everyone. To revert back to the streaker analogy- we would all be straight on the internet to Google the pictures.
To make matters worse, there are groups of people operating on social media trying to stir up exactly the response the terrorists want.
IMG_20170524_121346.jpg

There are numerous examples of people like this springing up on social media, purporting to be from the UK and wanting to provoke a response, when they are clearly from other countries.
Possibly these are paid or possibly they are just wierdos but there are quite a few of them.