+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: These gas BBQ's

These gas BBQ's

Not really BBQ's. Outside grills for the 'can't be bothered' It's proper BBQ's all the way for me

Re: These gas BBQ's

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    Not really BBQ's. Outside grills for the 'can't be bothered' It's proper BBQ's all the way for me
    For once I'm inclined to agree with this fücknut, you may just as well cook it indoors and carry it outside.

Thanks

Cheers guys, I just threw mine over the fence after reading this.

Any other correctional behaviour I may need help with please dont hesitate............................

Over a campfire for me, nothing better imo

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post

Any other correctional behaviour I may need help with please dont hesitate............................
    Yeah, don't be a litter lout.

Im amazed they let you play with fire in the cuckoos nest

The fact you used the word 'guys' says it all really.......

Blog Entries

How much time have you got?

Totally agree.
    Cheating shortcutters, the lot of them.

Charcoal all the way for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Totally agree.
    Cheating shortcutters, the lot of them.

Charcoal all the way for me.
    I hope you're making that charcoal from scratch pal.

I used to agree, but to be honest its so much easier and quicker. Turn it on ready to cook straight away. No trying to light it, waiting for the coals to burn off spending 20-30 minutes before you can cook. No having to top up the coals every 20 minutes. No cleaning it out.

An extra hour eating or drinking.... Or Coals. Afraid it has to be gas.

Loads of people have bbqs, who actually uses them? Those with gas!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    I used to agree, but to be honest its so much easier and quicker. Turn it on ready to cook straight away. No trying to light it, waiting for the coals to burn off spending 20-30 minutes before you can cook. No having to top up the coals every 20 minutes. No cleaning it out.

I use mine a lot in the summer, charcoal every time, decent lumpwood, not that briquette shite. All that time waiting for the coals to be the right temperature is time valuably invested in drinking. Half the time I'm not even hungry by the time the coals are ready!

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    For once I'm inclined to agree with this fücknut, you may just as well cook it indoors and carry it outside.
    f*cknut agree

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post

I am about to invest in a decent BBQ and was going to go the gas route. How easy are they to clean?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I am about to invest in a decent BBQ and was going to go the gas route. How easy are they to clean?
    Get one of these, good quality and all the ash gets collected in the receptacle below.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    get a 6 burner gas barbeque , you can cook even when you have had a few tinnys too many .

we own a Outback Gas BBQ ( its 17 years old now ) lives in the garden under a Cover, has already been used a fair few times this year,

also own a Cadac Gas BBQ, the Grillogas size ), we take this camping and if we go to other peoples houses for a BBQ

then we have the Cobb, which is Charcoal, used sometimes when Camping and easy to take down to the beach

I also have a small folding gas BBQ that lives in the van, The idea is if we are out for the day, dog walk, day at the beach, out with friends etc etc we can always grab a BBQ, its been used a few times

I must admit, the Cadac is great ( if not a little overpriced ), just wash the Grill down and thats it, we have the full kit for it, the Paella pan for cooking breakfast in the morning and we have the pizza stone for doing Pizza's ( which are really nice )

if you are going with a gas BBQ bigger than a 3bed, look at the " Bakerstone pizza oven " i saw one camping ( the owners has some silly sized American RV, with a slideout ) and it lived in the " shed " at the rear

The Pizza's they were making were out of this world, well impressive

The fact you used the word 'guys' says it all really.......
    Sorry you prefer "gays"?

It's the George Foreman plus extension lead for me

Charcoal all the way , gas BBQ you may aswell just cook indoors on the hob

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I hope you're making that charcoal from scratch pal.
    Witty.

As much as I love charcoal always struggle to cook steak on it.

Waiting an hour for coals to burn off and then having a limited window for cooking and no control over the temperature is not for me. I grill all year round. If the Mrs picks up a couple of steaks, I can have them on the table within 20 minutes of getting home. And If I have people over on the weekends, the grill is on and off all day.

Charcoal is OK if you want to have a project at weekends.