+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: These gas BBQ's

Re: These gas BBQ's

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Waiting an hour for coals to burn off and then having a limited window for cooking and no control over the temperature is not for me. I grill all year round. If the Mrs picks up a couple of steaks, I can have them on the table within 20 minutes of getting home. And If I have people over on the weekends, the grill is on and off all day.

Charcoal is OK if you want to have a project at weekends.
    Charcoal is so much better flavour wise than gas though. It's more special - which in this country where you'll use it twice a year makes a bigger difference to convenience

Waiting an hour for coals to burn off and then having a limited window for cooking and no control over the temperature is not for me. I grill all year round. If the Mrs picks up a couple of steaks, I can have them on the table within 20 minutes of getting home. And If I have people over on the weekends, the grill is on and off all day.

Charcoal is OK if you want to have a project at weekends.
    Bet you are a fatty. More lazy gadgets for obese sods, again imported from the obese capital of the world, Trumps States of America. Just plain lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    It's the George Foreman plus extension lead for me
    They'd be ok if they had a variable heat control.
    Don't use mine any more, it always burned thicker stuff (decent sausages, chops, etc) before doing the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    Bet you are a fatty. More lazy gadgets for obese sods, again imported from the obese capital of the world, Trumps States of America. Just plain lazy.
    Do you think waiting around for coals to burn off is exercise? You're confusing time with energy. If you don't know what you're talking about, you're best keeping your opinions to yourself. You might sound less of a twat too. Bonus!

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    if you are going with a gas BBQ bigger than a 3bed, look at the " Bakerstone pizza oven " i saw one camping ( the owners has some silly sized American RV, with a slideout ) and it lived in the " shed " at the rear

The Pizza's they were making were out of this world, well impressive
    Do you veggie BBQ or for other family members?

Perry Jason is great for nostalgia, it's like being in the early days of the Internet with these shit wind ups.

International

If you are going to go 'camping' you need a Number 1 burner and a chef to tell you when the beef wellington is ready.
    nothing else comes close.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    If you are going to go 'camping' you need a Number 1 burner and a chef to tell you when the beef wellington is ready.
    nothing else comes close.
    THIS RISOTTO HAS NO PEAS YOU TWÄT

I concur. It's unedifying to glimpse already waddling tubs of lard ramming pig and cow meat down their greedy, greasy necks. Uch y fi, mun.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    As much as I love charcoal always struggle to cook steak on it.
    Never tasted it myself , looks quite dry ?

And it's even worse seeing some of them swigging sauvignon blanc as if they are somehow sophisticated when it's about three quid a bottle in Lidl's. Those cheapo pretentious b'stards also loudly break wind. If it was up to me I'd make it legal and one's patriotic duty to shoot the feckers on sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Do you veggie BBQ or for other family members?
    my whole household is Veggie, the Wife was a long time before we met, The girls have eaten what we do, thus are Veggie, though the idea of eating meat doesnt do anything for them, but i guess thats the way we have raised them, they might decide on eating meat when they are older, but that will a choice only they can make

If others come around, we have a small portable BBQ for meat aswell, though its never been used, as guests are always happy to eat what we are eating, but they have a option, i might spit on it, but they have a option

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Never tasted it myself , looks quite dry ?
    and hot.

Do you think waiting around for coals to burn off is exercise? You're confusing time with energy. If you don't know what you're talking about, you're best keeping your opinions to yourself. You might sound less of a twat too. Bonus!
    Oh dear! Another nerve hit chunky

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Cheers guys, I just threw mine over the fence after reading this.

Any other correctional behaviour I may need help with please dont hesitate............................
    Fooking hell, where to start?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    my whole household is Veggie, the Wife was a long time before we met, The girls have eaten what we do, thus are Veggie, though the idea of eating meat doesnt do anything for them, but i guess thats the way we have raised them, they might decide on eating meat when they are older, but that will a choice only they can make

If others come around, we have a small portable BBQ for meat aswell, though its never been used, as guests are always happy to eat what we are eating, but they have a option, i might spit on it, but they have a option
    I guess my question was really what do you BBQ as a veggie?

Never really had the urge myself. Mozzarella burgers??

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    I guess my question was really what do you BBQ as a veggie?

Never really had the urge myself. Mozzarella burgers??
    they have some really nice Veggie stuff out now, next time you pop into a supermarket ( a bigger one ) have a look in the freezer

the normal Qourn Burgers and sausages are a standard, but Tesco's have about 6 other burgers, the Veggie Pulled pork burger is very nice ( though better on a flat plate rather than a grill ) they have a Mexican Burger thats also a family fav, Chicken style burgers, of course a Vegatable grill Burger

then they have a few different " Veggie Fillets " ( which are coated Qourn Fillets )

We also have big Mushrooms with a chillie soft cheese on it, Sweetcorn Cobs are often on the BBQ

To be honest, when we were camping with our neighbour over easter, our BBQ had more options than the meat BBQ they had, i guess that is due to the fact that most meat BBQ's are pretty standard and you eat what you like, with the Veggie stuff, we also sport different types of Burgers in the freezer section , with more and more own brand Veggie stuff hitting the freezer section its always great to try some new stuff, the only downside is that it goes as soon as it arrives on the shelves ( which we combat by when we like something, we grab a fair few of them