+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Disk jockeys - A load of scoundrels?

Disk jockeys - A load of scoundrels?

Disc jockey*

Clever creators or thieves?.

Not the music and chart brigade such as Avicii but the people you see mixing other peoples songs.

I see them taking in all the glory with other peoples music?. They aren't the creators here, they just blend them together.

I have no idea how hard it is and I am newbie to this type of live music.

I was watching Jamie Jones and then searched for him online. Turns out he is welsh, I'd never heard of him.

Fair play to him, loving life!.

Not sure why videos sometimes are cut in half on here.

Heres another famous one. The girl in white makes this worth viewing alone:

Last edited by LordKenwyne; 24-05-17 at 11:37.

Blog Entries

Re: Disk jockeys - A load of scoundrels?

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Disc jockey*

Not the music and chart brigade such as Avicii but the people you see mixing other peoples songs.

I see them taking in all the glory with other peoples music?. They aren't the creators here, they just blend them together.

Why do you think producers send out promos to dj's? because they want their tunes played.

Are you trying to learn or are you just on a fishing trip today?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Why do you think producers send out promos to dj's? because they want their tunes played.

Are you trying to learn or are you just on a fishing trip today?
    I don't understand how it all works.

So producers send DJ's the tracks. The DJ's pay them?. Because the vast majority of these tracks aren't popular enough to earn money. I'm wondering what the actual creators get out of it, because from what I've seen of tracklists so far theyre nearly always unknown.

I'm not sure what you mean fishing trip but I typed that saying into google and urban dictionary popped up. I imagine that is not it.

Blog Entries

I don't understand how it all works.

So producers send DJ's the tracks. The DJ's pay them?. Because the vast majority of these tracks aren't popular enough to earn money. I'm wondering what the actual creators get out of it, because from what I've seen of tracklists so far theyre nearly always unknown.

I'm not sure what you mean fishing trip but I typed that saying into google and urban dictionary popped up. I imagine that is not it.
    How what works? it's like anything, promoting it sells more copies, you might not have heard of the artists but other people in to that music will.
    There are loads of music download sites selling tunes, I have quite a few friends who sell their own tunes, most of them do it for enjoyment though.

No I did not mean that fishing trip = wind up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    How what works? it's like anything, promoting it sells more copies, you might not have heard of the artists but other people in to that music will.
    There are loads of music download sites selling tunes, I have quite a few friends who sell their own tunes, most of them do it for enjoyment though.

No I did not mean that fishing trip = wind up.

As anyone knows, the best way of getting a NUMBER 1 hit song, is to ban it from the airways.

Disc jockey*

I was watching Jamie Jones and then searched for him online. Turns out he is welsh, I'd never heard of him.

Fair play to him, loving life!.

Not sure why videos sometimes are cut in half on here.

Heres another famous one. The girl in white makes this worth viewing alone:

i didnt come up with the concept of sugar and flour but i dont feel like a plagiarist **** when im making a cake.

get a grip you ****ing spanner