+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cmon Ajax

Re: Cmon Ajax

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Why?
    Because Valencia captained that team tonight not Rooney

Same as John Terry and Cahill. Terry barely featured this year let Cahill have his moment you wanker.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Same as John Terry and Cahill. Terry barely featured this year let Cahill have his moment you wanker.
    Eh?

Eh?
    **** off

**** off
    Why?

What's the matter with you?

What happened to the very recent promise not to cause trouble and fall out with people?

Why that reaction?

#canthelpyourself

Why?

What happened to the very recent promise not to cause trouble and fall out with people?

Why that reaction?

#canthelpyourself
    Not causing any trouble. You're the one with the sarky little remarks hence me telling you to **** off.

Why?

Why that reaction?

#canthelpyourself
    Are you really saying you did not understand the Chelsea analogy?

Neither Terry or Rooney were integral to their teams success this season, but both had more than a strong hand when it came to the presentations, it's the rise of me football.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    Are you really saying you did not understand the Chelsea analogy?

Neither Terry or Rooney were integral to their teams success this season, but both had more than a strong hand when it came to the presentations, it's the rise of me football.
    Of course he did he's just looking for a reaction. He got one.

We move on.

Of course he did he's just looking for a reaction. He got one.

We move on.
    Love thy neighbour eh.

After what they've spent in the last few years a couple of tin pot trophies and a playing style to make a football fan weep isn't all that Jose.

Oh yeah, just to be clear too, since when has winning the charity shield been classed as a trophy too?

Disappointing game. Seems like winning it was more about qualifying for the Champs league rather than the honour itself. Maybe the competition needs that extra prize to give it more attention but it's a pity - I like the Europa League since it reminds me of watching Sportsnight in the 80s what with all the obscure teams involved.

Ajax were absolute pish. How did they ever get to the final?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Ajax were absolute pish. How did they ever get to the final?
    Always thought UTD would win, but they froze big time,

Ajax froze on the night but i have watched them a bit this season and i believe they'll be a force in the next couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Ajax froze on the night but i have watched them a bit this season and i believe they'll be a force in the next couple of years.
    I thought they looked fantastic in parts without the nouse to finish off well constructed moves.

That'll come, they've scored a shed load of goals this season and I agree they'll be a force to be reckoned with, once more experienced although they'll also get asset stripped too

I think the part Jose played in team selection and tactics is being underplayed here.

They may have froze but that was down to not having a plan B. United pressed them, outmuscled them, and basically shut them right down.

Felaini and Pogba were way too strong for Ajax.

I think the part Jose played in team selection and tactics is being underplayed here.

They may have froze but that was down to not having a plan B. United pressed them, outmuscled them, and basically shut them right down.

Jose well and truly did a job on them. He picked his most powerful side, killed the game and Ajax's tricky players would be lose any physical contest. If Ajax can hold onto the side and they get more experienced though, they could be a real force in a few years.

Approaching half a billion pound on players in the last few years and snuffing out home grown teams.

Well done Jose

I agree with you. He definitely did a job on them. I'm not too sure United fans will continue to be happy with his brand of football though, basically nullifying teams who have spent a fraction on their squad compared to him.

I agree with you. He definitely did a job on them. I'm not too sure United fans will continue to be happy with his brand of football though, basically nullifying teams who have spent a fraction on their squad compared to him.
    To be fair to him its not his squad yet but even when he does get his squad together you know your not getting style over substance with Jose. Like him or loathe him he gets success, it might not be pretty but its not Warnock / Slade-esque either.

Yes theyve spent a lot of money but who hasnt in England? Even Palace are spending 30m on players. Every year you think the transfer fees cant get anymore absurd but every year they do, without fail.

Madrid have just paid 38m for a 16 year old ffs. Barmy.

As someone who loves to see football on the front foot and believes it should be a form of entertainment, i hate Mourinho's brand.

He has been the same at all his clubs. I don't like what Real Madrid stand for as a club but i take my hat off to Zidane in that he wants to win every game with the elegance that he played with.

Mourinho is anti football as far as I'm concerned. You know my views on Slade but maybe even he would attack teams if he had Pogba, Ibra, Rashford, Martial, Mata etc.

I think everything is a game to promote himself.

I don't believe for a minute playing all those kids on the weekend was to see what could be coming through next season but just to make a point how short is squad is. Pathetic.

Slade could have Messi, Suarez and Hazard up front and he'd still smash it high and long.
    Scratch that all 3 are foreign and so the laughing policeman would have got rid of them!!!

Slade could have Messi, Suarez and Hazard up front and he'd still smash it high and long.
    Scratch that all 3 are foreign and so the laughing policeman would have got rid of them!!!
    On a side note mate, i know you're not a fan but have you read the Pep Confidential book?
    Absolutely superb insight into managing a top club. I couldn't recommend it more.

On a side note mate, i know you're not a fan but have you read the Pep Confidential book?
    Absolutely superb insight into managing a top club. I couldn't recommend it more.
    No mate, I don't read tbh.

My favoured style of football is basically what Llanelli Scarlets did against Leinster the other week: attack when opportunity presents itself with great skill and creativity, defend like warriors when you're on the back foot. I don't have issue with Jose setting up his defence when the scenario calls for it (thinking back to the criticism of Pulis at Stoke - his job was never to entertain Arsenal fans) but he should be a little embarrassed to have so many draws at home this season.

Ajax will definitely lose that CB but a poor performance when the cameras were on them may help their side in the long-run.