+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who says Callum Paterson is signing for us?......the Derby Telegraph, that's who....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Who says Callum Paterson is signing for us?......the Derby Telegraph, that's who....

I think that this deal has been done & will be formally announced next week when his contract expires. I hope that I am right as the more I read out about him the more I think that he is very good player with age on his side to get even better.

Re: Who says Callum Paterson is signing for us?......the Derby Telegraph, that's who....

Umm! all deals expire on the 30th June, not at the end of May

Blue in the Face

My post above makes no sense. Forgot Paterson is out of contract too and will only cost us compensation.

Only out of contract on 30th June

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Scottish contracts expire at the end of May

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    You beat me to it

The Daily record are reporting it as well, though they are using Wales Online as a source.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    The Daily record are reporting it as well, though they are using Wales Online as a source.
    CCMB reporting it as well its an uplift form Derby Telegraph, via WOL ,via Jambos Kickback ,via Twitter ,via NewsNow ,it must be truuuuuue , nuffin yet from that right wing BBC media thingy .

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Always mean

Blue in the Face

400k compensation according to this...

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/tran...ail/story.html

Quite a big sum for a (in a few days) "free agent". I suppose because he has caps for Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    I agree that is normally (but not always) the case in England & Wales but in Scotland it is common for contracts agreed for 12 months longer to expire on 31 May & according to a number of reports I have read this is when Paterson's contract expires

Other players also out of contract on 31 May 2017 include Kris Commons, Kolo Toure & Chris Burke.

It also seems to link in with Warnock's comments about hoping to sign players in early June.