+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 16 year old in Wales squad.

16 year old in Wales squad.

I'm sure the squad will be whittled down for the Serbia match, but, for now, there are seven uncapped players in it and three from City.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40041499

Re: 16 year old in Wales squad.

Nice to see them looking into the future at these training camps and getting them involved at a young age. Gives out positive messages to other young Welsh lads.

Isn't his old man Kwame Ampadu, who used to play for the jacks in the 1990s?

Talking of ex jacks, i saw ex jack and City legend (I use the term loosely here lol) Dai Thomas in ASDA, Caerphilly, yesterday afternoon. He ain't half carrying a beer gut these days. Guess his footballing days are over?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Isn't his old man Kwame Ampadu, who used to play for the jacks in the 1990s?

Talking of ex jacks, i saw ex jack and City legend (I use the term loosely here lol) Dai Thomas in ASDA, Caerphilly, yesterday afternoon. He ain't half carrying a beer gut these days. Guess his footballing days are over?
    Dai the Pie hasn't played since he got caught fighting with ***** and his mates at Euro 2000.

And yes, Ethan is Kwame's son, so I'd guess he's eligible for Ghana, ROI, England and Wales (through his mum).

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Dai the Pie hasn't played since he got caught fighting with ***** and his mates at Euro 2000.

And yes, Ethan is Kwame's son, so I'd guess he's eligible for Ghana, ROI, England and Wales (through his mum).
    I thought Dai had played for several local teams, including until recently, Taffs Well? Maybe I'm wrong here, if someone could update me please....

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm sure the squad will be whittled down for the Serbia match, but, for now, there are seven uncapped players in it and three from City.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40041499
    That article must be written by a bitter Englishman. It goes out of it's way to bang on about who of our players are eligible for other teams. What's the point?

Good to see Declan is still rated enough to be on the radar. I know he's not rated by most on this board but I think he looked really promising at the very start of the season. Liking Walsh and Lockyer been given a look at too. Think Cookie needs to be more open minded about nurturing another goal keeper to push Ward though.

Collins out injured.

You can tell when things are starting to look up a little because other home nations copy or start to snipe, such as this article has about the side.

There is positive in what we're seeing with so many fresh faces and slightly less fresh but inexperienced faces who have shown good form of late in this camp. Part of the strength of Welsh football is that you can give a young player an opportunity so that by the time they're 24 they have a number of camps and caps (potentially) to their name. Hopefully each new member are going to buy into another strength of making it like a club atmosphere with all team mates feeling like they're playing with friends.