+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Modern day terrorism....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Modern day terrorism....

I think what's gone on and decisions made by recent political leaders like Blair and bush have kickstarted this. Everyone has tried to take control of Afghanistan over 100's of years, nothing new there. They will never stop blowing themselves up now or leaving bombs, whatever decisions the current crop of politicians make. We are screwed.

Afghanistan was a no-win, But we ( the west ) had to do something, we know that al-qaeda had training camps set up ( you could drive to 3 in under 1 hour from the British Embassy ) and it had just became a Jihad training area ( and yes i know they still have them on the Afgan / Pakistan border ) just the same as Raqqa is now for IS

Iraq, Lets now forget Saddam was not stable, He invaded Kuwait, his treatment of the Kurds were shocking to say the least , while he was a loose cannon in the area, hindsight tell's us he also kept the country and natives under control

More recently, Libya, Now are we really to blame for this ? ? ? The Arab Spring uprising started and some people of Libya wanted to overthrow Gaddafi, Gaddafi was a dictator and the West simply do not like them, lets not forget NATO voted 10 - 0 on the help we gave the rebels, the west loves the idea of a democracy and so they should once again, hindsight shows us that Gaddafi kept the county under control

It is easy to blame it all on The west, maybe, just maybe, certain sectors of the Muslim world were always going to do what has happened, one thing I know is that they do not want to sit round a table and discuss it, so maybe we had no options

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I think what's gone on and decisions made by recent political leaders like Blair and bush have kickstarted this. Everyone has tried to take control of Afghanistan over 100's of years, nothing new there. They will never stop blowing themselves up now or leaving bombs, whatever decisions the current crop of politicians make. We are screwed.
    The difference with Afghanis is that they do their fighting in their own country, as they have for many generations and to be fair they are pretty good at it : Against Brits back a few centuries ago, against the Russians in the 70s and 80s; Yanks/NATO/UK and others allied In recent times. The clandestine attacks on western nations in western countries in recent times seem to have been orchestrated by muslims born or integrated in/into the countries they are attacking. They are doing this in the name of Islam and as far as I can see because they feel the west are giving their brethren a hard time in the middle east. From what I remember, they start point for terrorism was sympathy for Palestine for the Israelis taking over Arab lands. The PLO was born and Planes hijacked etc, targeting Israel and USA who supported Israel. IMO, the past 20 years plus it took a swing into Islam against non-believers or anyone who dared support armed conflict against Islamic nations/people. Of course my assumptions may be well off the mark.
    Spedger