I can absolutely sympathise and empathise with both of you. I was in a similar situation 3 years ago when I was diagnosed with a type of Leukaemia called CLL (Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia). The only 'famous' case I could find was ironically Mike Peters of The Alarm. That gave me great confidence having seen his hectic touring schedule.

So I then had all the blood tests, biopsies and scans before the day came for the results. They warned me to bring someone with me. I feared the worst of course, and after explaining the whole situation and my GF getting quite upset, they then said 'Ok, off you go. See you in 4 months'!! I was now part of the Watch And Wait you speak of.

It's honestly nothing to fear. It's a tried and tested method as with these illnesses, there is absolutely no benefit to the patient being treated early. You can live perfectly normally, with some never needing treatment, hence the W+W.

Any queries you have, then I'm happy to answer them. I'll add more shortly when I'm on my laptop, including a brilliant forum.