+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The way to stop terrorism in this country

Re: The way to stop terrorism in this country

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    come on, you used the figure 1.6 million to prove its a massive number and it is unfeasible to pull them in for questioning, of course they cannot for 1.6 million, but i wonder what very small % of that 1.6 mil is on a watch list, they could of course pull them in and see what they have been upto
    'visits'

When the police pull them in to see what they have been up to, what do you think they should do to get the information?

i wonder if we did more than just " watch " them

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...r-attack-in-UK
    Sounds like it boils down to funding? Other 'threats' were prioritised over him. Turns out they made a bad decision but that will happen from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Sorry fell asleep before replying of course you could not prepare an exclusion zone around places like Oxford Street ,thats not what's being discussed .

My point and apologies for not being clearer , you could at the larger events, that attract the larger crowds, as its the impact they are looking for .

Take the venues in our own city and then consider could you cordoned them off with a perimeter zone ,I think you could, not perfect but doable ,at least it provides some protection ::

Motorpoint.
    SWALEC Stadium.
    Principality Stadium.
    Cardiff City Stadium .
    Millennium Centre.

This is about doing something .

I'm suprised you've not added some ideas into the discussion .

My post is attempting to simply stimulate debate and suggest we should do something to protect the innocent ,who in the main are families going to these large events , and large events could be better controlled than they are now , as with politicians and critics , it's easy to pick holes , but harder to come up with answers and workable solutions .

In my humble view you could protect larger groups of people better at larger events , by cordening off streets and venue areas, having designated pick up points, secured seperate ,various exits , scanning points, not perfect but something better than exists now.

Oh and no bags at venues for attendees or pick ups.

With that in place , will it happens again I guess so ,but with most attacks they seem to move onto something different we have not thought of , once it's been tried a few times .
    What you describe sounds like a bloody nightmare. It would put me off ever going to see a gig or a match ever again. Which is just what the terrorists want.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    'visits'

When the police pull them in to see what they have been up to, what do you think they should do to get the information?
    i really dont care, whatever needs to be done

So you would like to see the police given the power to arrest somebody for going to Turkey and then be able to do 'whatever needs to be done' to get them to admit to something that may or may not have happened while they were there? Does this concern you even a little bit?

So you would like to see the police given the power to arrest somebody for going to Turkey and then be able to do 'whatever needs to be done' to get them to admit to something that may or may not have happened while they were there? Does this concern you even a little bit?
    once again you are seeing things

you appear to have a habit of that

It is exactly what you said over the course of a few posts:

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    British nationals made 1.6 million visits to Turkey in 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt
    but i wonder what very small % of that 1.6 mil is on a watch list, they could of course pull them in and see what they have been upto
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt

My proposed solution is that we carry on as normal. That again might sound flippant but I would rather take my chances than spend my life walking through scanners and having sniffer dogs and police with automatic guns lining up outside events.

Of course peoples behaviour will change with regards to their kids. I have six nieces and nephews and I very much doubt we will be taking them to many events because their parents will decide it isn't worth the risk.
    Then fear and risk will prevail sadly,don't understand the problem of making an extra effort to better secure people life, however inconvenient that will be ,still don't understand why bags have to be taken to events and why secure cordoned off zones areas cannot be deployed ,we close roads for Rugby .

Eric's displayed remarkable patience in this thread with you and the equally hysterical life on mars. We in the UK have become the most watched people on earth largely on the pretext of protecting us from boogeymen who rarely strike but when they do the corporate media dutifully shift into overdrive hyping the attacks out of all proportion for days on end to create fear and foment the false impression that terrorism presents a great danger to our way of life. It's worked a treat with you pair.

Those 3,000 of special concern on a watch list... I'd be surprised if there's more than a handful of those would be prepared to kill themselves to kill others, or would murder people by non-suicidal means as they know they'd get a whole life prison sentence.

If we were to go down the route you advocate then in next to no time we'd be subject to constant searches at wherever there's large gatherings.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Then fear and risk will prevail sadly,don't understand the problem of making an extra effort to better secure people life, however inconvenient that will be ,still don't understand why bags have to be taken to events and why secure cordoned off zones areas cannot be deployed ,we close roads for Rugby .
    Because gigs happen pretty much every night and if you can't understand why people use bags then I'm worried about your imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Eric's displayed remarkable patience in this thread with you and the equally hysterical life on mars. We in the UK have become the most watched people on earth largely on the pretext of protecting us from boogeymen who rarely strike but when they do the corporate media dutifully shift into overdrive hyping the attacks out of all proportion for days on end to create fear and foment the false impression that terrorism presents a great danger to our way of life. It's worked a treat with you pair.

Those 3,000 of special concern on a watch list... I'd be surprised if there's more than a handful of those would be prepared to kill themselves to kill others, or would murder people by non-suicidal means as they know they'd get a whole life prison sentence.

If we were to go down the route you advocate then in next to no time we'd be subject to constant searches at wherever there's large gatherings.
    Someone said that Amber Rudd referred to the 23k on a wider watchlist as 'potential jihadis'. If that isn't project fear I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Because gigs happen pretty much every night and if you can't understand why people use bags then I'm worried about your imagination
    If they ban bags they can sell more 4 quid bottles of water. Win win.

Someone said that Amber Rudd referred to the 23k on a wider watchlist as 'potential jihadis'. If that isn't project fear I don't know what is.
    Everyone is a potential terrorist so we might as well all end it now.