+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The way to stop terrorism in this country

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The way to stop terrorism in this country

New law. Anyone caught participating in acts of terrorism, whether strapping a suicide bomb to you, or sponsoring, planning acts of terrorism ect, your families will be prosecuted along side you, or in your place if you're a suicide bomber. Only drastic measures will stop the threat of terrorism. If this doesn't stop it, then It will certainly slow it down

Re: The way to stop terrorism in this country

That's so extreme it might have been conceived in Tel Aviv.

How about instead conveying to Saudi Arabia, whom Trump and Hillary Clinton believe is the sponsor of ISIS, that should any other Britons be murdered at the hands of loons they've created then the consequences would be severe for the House of Saud? That's better than prosecuting innocent family members.

Quite possibly contrary to the Geneva Convention

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    New law. Anyone caught participating in acts of terrorism, whether strapping a suicide bomb to you, or sponsoring, planning acts of terrorism ect
    Not possible while we are in the EU

Not sure on the family idea, but, if you are found guilty of any terrorist act in anyway shape of form, even handing out literature ( which seemed to have still been happening only a few weeks ago in the market on Moss side ), these people who the secret service know about, bring them in, investigate them, kick down doors and find them, then lock them up, no communication with the outside world, they will be no harm to us

we have over 3000 on a UK watch list, we cannot watch them all while they are on the streets, it would be slightly easier if they were locked up

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

Not sure on the family idea, but, if you are found guilty of any terrorist act in anyway shape of form, even handing out literature ( which seemed to have still been happening only a few weeks ago in the market on Moss side ), these people who the secret service know about, bring them in, investigate them, kick down doors and find them, then lock them up, no communication with the outside world, they will be no harm to us

we have over 3000 on a UK watch list, we cannot watch them all while they are on the streets, it would be slightly easier if they were locked up
    Do you think we just do away with the idea that we wait for someone to commit a crime before incarcerating them, use an algorithm to decide who is likely to and then lock them up based on that?

Sounds bad to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Do you think we just do away with the idea that we wait for someone to commit a crime before incarcerating them, use an algorithm to decide who is likely to and then lock them up based on that?

Sounds bad to me.
    you might find that i said " if you are found guilty of any terrorist act in anyway shape of form, even handing out literature "

where may i ask did i say " incarcerating them before they commit a crime " ? ? ?

you might find that i said " if you are found guilty of any terrorist act in anyway shape of form, even handing out literature "

where may i ask did i say " incarcerating them before they commit a crime " ? ? ?
    I was referring to the 3000 people on the 'watchlist' that you appear to want locked up indefinitely without knowing what led them to be on the 'watchlist' in the first place (or knowing whether or not they have committed a crime).

Internment would only strengthen ISIS' hand, "Look at these Westerners, punishing us for doing Allah's work" etc etc

I was referring to the 3000 people on the 'watchlist' that you appear to want locked up indefinitely without knowing what led them to be on the 'watchlist' in the first place (or knowing whether or not they have committed a crime).
    once again, i never said that at all, the precursor to that statement said " if you are found guilty of any terrorist act in anyway shape of form, even handing out literature "

So Only if they have been found guilty of anything terror related, anything means, supporting in anyway, even handing out literature

prawn cocktail pringles

once again, i never said that at all, the precursor to that statement said " if you are found guilty of any terrorist act in anyway shape of form, even handing out literature "

So Only if they have been found guilty of anything terror related, anything means, supporting in anyway, even handing out literature
    So you don't want to lock up everyone on the watchlist to make it easier to watch them then? I must be seeing things.

So you don't want to lock up everyone on the watchlist to make it easier to watch them then? I must be seeing things.
    I would read it again

I also said that " we cannot watch them all while they are on the streets, it would be slightly easier if they were locked up " Of course it would be easier, even you must agree with that, but at no point did i say we should lock them up without being found guilty

I would read it again

I also said that " we cannot watch them all while they are on the streets, it would be slightly easier if they were locked up " Of course it would be easier, even you must agree with that, but at no point did i say we should lock them up without being found guilty
    You want to though don't you?

Do you think these measures would lead to more or less radicalised young Muslims?

So if I go onto google now and search 'how to make a child abuse?' I should be locked up indefinitely?
    Doh, I must have let myself down again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Col Richard Kemp (former head of Cobra) said the same sort of thing on the Nicky Campbell show the other day so I doubt it will be long before it is suggested, he went as far as saying..

“Deport People We Don't Like, Even When We Can't Prove They've Done Anything Wrong!”
    This is exactly how these powers would end up being used.

If every Muslim knew someone who was locked up indefinitely for standing in the wrong place at the wrong time there would be a far greater number of people suceptable to radicalisation.

Banned

Remove islam,remove islamic terrorism..

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    Remove islam,remove islamic terrorism..

Well said, this sounds like a good plan Enoch

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird View Post
    Well said, this sounds like a good plan Enoch

Remove sex, remove rape.

Feckin easy this.

Something has to be done and sadly the Liberal approach is not working.

We are not going to win this , we have to cut out the cancer before it spreads any further, we can't allow any more asylum seekers in .

If someone choses to go and fight for these radicals they stay there, there background in the UK is fully investigated and associates arrested on caution, will it radicalised, yep , but we're facing it anyway, they ain't going to become peace loving in the meantime.

If we know who they are now remove thier passports .

Oh and a complete ban on rucksacks and other any other bag at any events, it's not a picnic it's an event , just go and watch it .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Something has to be done and sadly the Liberal approach is not working.

We are not going to win this , we have to cut out the cancer before it spreads any further, we can't allow any more asylum seekers in .

If someone choses to go and fight for these radicals they stay there, there background in the UK is fully investigated and associates arrested on caution, will it radicalised, yep , but we're facing it anyway, they ain't going to become peace loving in the meantime.

If we know who they are now remove thier passports .

Oh and a complete ban on rucksacks and other any other bag at any events, it's not a picnic it's an event , just go and watch it .
    Bags are checked when you go in at most events. How would this work? No bags anywhere near? Won't 'they' just target somewhere you cant search all bags like a train station?

What exactly is 'the liberal approach'? That might come across as flippant but I am struggling to see anything overly 'liberal' about our approach towards terrorism as a country (and rightly so).

The government have already said they have no idea how many UK citizens might have been to Syria and other countries where IS are active. I think most people who travel there go via Turkey. British nationals made 1.6 million visits to Turkey in 2016, sounds like hundreds of thousands of passports to tear up.

I am not against a tougher approach per se but little of what I have read on here in the last few days is possible and when it does pass that test it is usually bonkers and would only serve to increase the problems we see.

What exactly is 'the liberal approach'? That might come across as flippant but I am struggling to see anything overly 'liberal' about our approach towards terrorism as a country (and rightly so).
    Liberal approach, well for me it is people who the Secret service know will try and commit a terrorist attack / support in an attack / raise funds for a terror group / radicalise others / , for me it is pretty liberal to allow them to walk our streets / rise our trains etc etc, now thats pretty Liberal

UK citizens might have been to Syria and other countries where IS are active. I think most people who travel there go via Turkey. British nationals made 1.6 million visits to Turkey in 2016, sounds like hundreds of thousands of passports to tear up.

I am not against a tougher approach per se but little of what I have read on here in the last few days is possible and when it does pass that test it is usually bonkers and would only serve to increase the problems we see.
    How many of these 1.6 Million are on a terror watch list ? ? ? lets look at them, its a start, or have they all gone to Syria to " study the Quran " ? ??

Liberal approach, well for me it is people who the Secret service know will try and commit a terrorist attack / support in an attack / raise funds for a terror group / radicalise others / , for me it is pretty liberal to allow them to walk our streets / rise our trains etc etc, now thats pretty Liberal
    That is quite an accusation and a damning judgement of our intelligence service.

Do you think the intelligence agencies are similarly 'liberal' in their approach in America or should we look to copy them?

That is quite an accusation and a damning judgement of our intelligence service.

Do you think the intelligence agencies are similarly 'liberal' in their approach in America or should we look to copy them?
    quite an accusation and a damning judgement of our intelligence service ? ? you must be seeing things again

Not really, just the way our country is, or maybe its Europe, we will see soon enough, from what i have seen on the news ( and specials ) the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) doesnt help us alot

We know our intelligence do a great job, I bet its a very frustrating job, they have a massive list with people they know have the know how / will to commit a terrorist attack / support in an attack / raise funds for a terror group / radicalise others, yet still have to sit and watch them, maybe is the Security services and police were given a free'er reign then they could do more

as for America, I know they use different methods, does it work better ? ? not being in the field, i couldnt really tell

How many of these 1.6 Million are on a terror watch list ? ? ? lets look at them, its a start, or have they all gone to Syria to " study the Quran " ? ??
    I would imagine they are 'looking at' anyone who has travelled to Turkey and is on any kind of watch list. Do you think they aren't doing this?

Bags are checked when you go in at most events. How would this work? No bags anywhere near? Won't 'they' just target somewhere you cant search all bags like a train station?

The government have already said they have no idea how many UK citizens might have been to Syria and other countries where IS are active. I think most people who travel there go via Turkey. British nationals made 1.6 million visits to Turkey in 2016, sounds like hundreds of thousands of passports to tear up.

I would imagine they are 'looking at' anyone who has travelled to Turkey and is on any kind of watch list. Do you think they aren't doing this?
    come on, you used the figure 1.6 million to prove its a massive number and it is unfeasible to pull them in for questioning, of course they cannot for 1.6 million, but i wonder what very small % of that 1.6 mil is on a watch list, they could of course pull them in and see what they have been upto