+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Katie Hopkins

Re: Katie Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I do not agree with her opinion on this or pretty much anything but doesn't she have a right to express her opinion, reprehensible as it may be?
    Yes she does have a right but also has a platform and an advantage the likes of me and you don't and that doesn't come free.Her opinion can and does influence others where yours or mine doesn't. She is however the prime validation for the saying "theres no such thing as bad publicity".I dare say she'll be back.

Everyone has a right to an opinion and free speech, what they don't have is the right to a large platform, that is a privilege and she over-stepped the mark and lost that privilege

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I do not agree with her opinion on this or pretty much anything but doesn't she have a right to express her opinion, reprehensible as it may be?
    She still does have the right to express her opinion though, just not on the radio anymore.

People need to realise free speech doesn't mean you can say what you want without consequence.

What has she said this time?

The Colonel is right. She can express her views but if they incite violence she will have broken the law and will have to pay a penalty

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    The Colonel is right. She can express her views but if they incite violence she will have broken the law and will have to pay a penalty
    The spelling on this board is getting worse, we all know it should be pelanty..

Quite how she kept any kind of media work after this article was incredible, especially after the dead child washed up ashore.

'Rescue boats? I'd use gun ships on migrants'
    "Show me pictures of coffins, show me bodies floating in water, play violins and show me skinny people looking sad. I still don't care".

There's a tacit agreement in free speech that the floor is open for everyone. KH reneged on the agreement with her suggestions of a final solution for Muslims. She rained on her own parade, in effect.

She will be snapped up in an instant , massive following, even if most of them hate her . She certainly creates a lively twitter feed.

She's a waste of oxygen.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Katie Hopkins was employed because she is controversial, and then people would phone up and argue with her. LBC knew this and they have been fine with people calling up asking her to be sacked. companies like LBC need phone calls to create content.

However LBC are a commercial station, what would have happened is the companies that advertise would have put pressure on LBC to do something otherwise they will pull their advertising. At that point LBC need to do something.

LBC have been fine with members of the public not being happy with Hopkins and Farage broadcasting for a good while now.
    LBC need those sorts of characters. The station's social media presence is very strong, thriving in part because of some hosts that can be considered controversial - it gets comments and conversation going. On the other side of the political spectrum is James O'Brien, someone whose comments I tend to align with, but he is able to wind up those on the political right and Brexiters, which generates interest, listeners, calls and, along with all of that, revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    She still does have the right to express her opinion though, just not on the radio anymore.

People need to realise free speech doesn't mean you can say what you want without consequence.
    Certainly if it's being said in the public domain.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post

Quite how she kept any kind of media work after this article was incredible, especially after the dead child washed up ashore.

"Show me pictures of coffins, show me bodies floating in water, play violins and show me skinny people looking sad. I still don't care".
    Yep. Nasty piece of work

Yep. Nasty piece of work
    Her face is as ugly as her persona.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Perhaps some of the public should take part of the blame for MAKING these so called celebrities in the first place.

Things like TOWIE, that Chelksie one, Big Brother and others.
    If people didn't watch this shit, then these type of people would never have a platform to preach their bile
    100% true

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Excellent article.

Banned

People like you and the Hartley abuse people "without consequence"

Everybody has said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    People like you and the Hartley abuse people "without consequence"
    Fućk off clean shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post

She reminds me of an early prototype cyborg a la Westworld. Sent on to the frontline with non human views that the fringes of society can cling on to.

Simarly, Theresa May. Actually, while I'm there, the majority of the Conservative Party. I think this very early v.1 attempt was aborted:

Banned

Fućk off clean shirt
    So what is the difference between you and hartley constantly abusing people and KH?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Everybody has said that.
    Yes but the good Colonel is always right.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Excellent article.
    Once again, Ms Hyde gets it spot on - superb writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    LBC need those sorts of characters. The station's social media presence is very strong, thriving in part because of some hosts that can be considered controversial - it gets comments and conversation going. On the other side of the political spectrum is James O'Brien, someone whose comments I tend to align with, but he is able to wind up those on the political right and Brexiters, which generates interest, listeners, calls and, along with all of that, revenue.
    James seems to be permanently miserable. He always sounds like Marvin the paranoid android.

I assume she meant the Nazi "the final solution", which even for her is beyond the point of no return. On the subject of free speech, there have also been some left wing views which need highlighting.

The vice-chair of Stroud Labour Party, Debbie Kicks tweeted>What has happened in Manchester is awful and my thoughts are with the families. However I cant help thinking this is wonderful timing for Theresa May.

Daniel Ewen, vice chair of Esher Labour party, posted>“I’m going on record and saying that I would not put it past our establishment, our ri
    ght wing government or Theresa May to blow up their own people in order to continue to secure power for themselves.”

Elizabeth Hayden, a Labour a council candidate Mossley Hill in Liverpool, shared a blog titled ‘Was the Manchester Arena atrocity a ‘false flag’ attack?’. It also went on to say, " there is no doubt that this attack has been highly beneficial to the Tory party.” Both she And Debbie Hix seem to be expressing an opinion that the public trust May more than Corbyn to deal with this sort of thing.

Is it her opinion? Even if she believes what she said the controversial sentence is so unnatural that she has used it deliberately rather than it summing up her personal view.

Don't give them oxygen by talking about them. Or, to avoid irony, at least don't speak their name and give them hits by reading/linking to their comments.