+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Katie Hopkins

Katie Hopkins

Re: Katie Hopkins

Why are people like this (c*nts) still being employed for expressing hatred?

There are so many things wrong with the "western world" and this is right up there, influencing more and more people to be racist.

People are calling for farage to be sacked.

You may not agree with him but he speaks quite eloquently most of the time.

And she is on another playing field in regard to caused hatred against people. That final solution comment is inexcusable.

Perhaps some of the public should take part of the blame for MAKING these so called celebrities in the first place.

Things like TOWIE, that Chelksie one, Big Brother and others.
    If people didn't watch this shit, then these type of people would never have a platform to preach their bile

It's really not on to laugh at someone losing their job. In this case I'll make an exception

I do not agree with her opinion on this or pretty much anything but doesn't she have a right to express her opinion, reprehensible as it may be?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I do not agree with her opinion on this or pretty much anything but doesn't she have a right to express her opinion, reprehensible as it may be?
    Yes she has a right to express he opinion.

The radio station also have the right to employ her or not.

If you become more hassle than you are worth to your employer they will get rid or you.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Yes she has a right to express he opinion.

The radio station also have the right to employ her or not.

If you become more hassle than you are worth to your employer they will get rid or you.
    Well I don't like your opinion so rather than debate you I'm going to find out where you work and put pressure on your employer to sack you publicly.

Well I don't like your opinion so rather than debate you I'm going to find out where you work and put pressure on your employer to sack you publicly.
    Katie Hopkins was employed because she is controversial, and then people would phone up and argue with her. LBC knew this and they have been fine with people calling up asking her to be sacked. companies like LBC need phone calls to create content.

However LBC are a commercial station, what would have happened is the companies that advertise would have put pressure on LBC to do something otherwise they will pull their advertising. At that point LBC need to do something.

LBC have been fine with members of the public not being happy with Hopkins and Farage broadcasting for a good while now.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. She got the job because of her controversial views and she's now lost the job because she's had to keep upping the ante. It was only a matter of time.

Was she sacked because of public pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Katie Hopkins was employed because she is controversial, and then people would phone up and argue with her. LBC knew this and they have been fine with people calling up asking her to be sacked. companies like LBC need phone calls to create content.

However LBC are a commercial station, what would have happened is the companies that advertise would have put pressure on LBC to do something otherwise they will pull their advertising. At that point LBC need to do something.

LBC have been fine with members of the public not being happy with Hopkins and Farage broadcasting for a good while now.
    Same thing. People didn't like her opinion, pressure was put on other people to get her ousted.

I doubt her opinion changed, I doubt her followers opinions changed either. If anything this sort of action just galvanises them further. I don't see how silencing someone via sacking is healthier than debate.

Within reason, you could argue what she said was inciting racial hatred. Also, LBC has absolutely no obligation to give her a platform. I would imagine they have come under pressure from advertisers to get rid of her as they don't want to be associated with her.

Same thing. People didn't like her opinion, pressure was put on other people to get her ousted.

I doubt her opinion changed, I doubt her followers opinions changed either. If anything this sort of action just galvanises them further. I don't see how silencing someone via sacking is healthier than debate.
    You can have the debate. You dont have the right for it to be broadcast.

If companies pull their advertising the station cannot survive.

I can act like an idiot in work, as long as im good at my job i'll keep being employed. If i annoy the people who pay the bills and they take their custom elsewhere, they need to get rid of me.

There's a big difference between disliking someone's opinion and that opinion crossing the line into dubious legality

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Live by the sword, die by the sword. She got the job because of her controversial views and she's now lost the job because she's had to keep upping the ante. It was only a matter of time.

Was she sacked because of public pressure?
    Well, like qccfc says, her employers had advertisers who would have considered her bad for business.

We can debate the rights and wrongs of that all day but it's still just a form of censorship of an unpopular opinion, it seems to me.

your all idoits

your all idoits
    "You're" , "idiots"

Your opinion of us is your opinion and you are entitled to it. It may even be factual. It certainly wouldn't be considered illegal to express it

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    "You're" , "idiots"

Your opinion of us is your opinion and you are entitled to it. It may even be factual. It certainly wouldn't be considered illegal to express it
    he also spelt "not" rong its not not all omgs

Well, like qccfc says, her employers had advertisers who would have considered her bad for business.

We can debate the rights and wrongs of that all day but it's still just a form of censorship of an unpopular opinion, it seems to me.
    Advertisers pay her wages, she's under the same restraints as all of us. Don't push your luck with the people who pay you.

She's still got twitter which I would say is a much bigger audience than her LBC show.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    "You're" , "idiots"

Oh Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Advertisers pay her wages, she's under the same restraints as all of us. Don't push your luck with the people who pay you.

She's still got twitter which I would say is a much bigger audience than her LBC show.
    And she writes a column in the daily mail. Which is prominently shown online. She is hardly being censored.

Odious woman but I agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    Odious woman but I agree with you
    Thank you. It would appear everyone else in this thread agrees with us too.

What's the world coming to when you can't ask for a Holocaust these days eh?

Im glad she got the sack the ugly big nose cow

Funnily enough she's not made one comment on the student Damon Smith getting 15 years today ( he should have a whole life sentance) for leaving a bomb filled with ball bearings on the tube in London