Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
when i say Law and Regulations,

I work with the WAHR and TWAHD, while its a regulation, a police officer is hardly going to come and arrest me for not filling out a Risk assessment and complying with the Regulation

not to mention freedom of movement of labour,child benefits for migrant workers and of course the fishermans woes

ref agreements, we make agreements with the EU over various things, didnt they tell us the motor on hoovers had to be more energy efficient, Fridge / freezers / kettles / hairdryers ( the list goes on ) had to be more efficient
I've googled WAHR and TWAHD but I still have no idea what they are. When you say they are a regulation, are they EU regulations?

Why is it a bad thing for hoover motors, or anything else, to be more energy efficient? Nobody was going to confiscate your old stuff, and the new ones will work just as well - if not better because of advances in technology. Making appliances more energy efficient will save us all money. You've named one of the better things the EU has insisted on.

Throughout our thorough reviews process, we consistently find that a vacuum's power rating has little impact on suction. Instead, a combination of factors, including motor and cylinder design, whether the bag or bin is full, whether the filters are regularly cleaned and the shape of the vacuum head can all affect how good a vacuum cleaner is at its job. The 1,400w AEG Ultracaptic Animal has the most powerful suction of all the vacuums we've tested to date, outperforming 2,200w machines.

A wattage rating isn't always an indicator of what's being drawn from the plug socket, either; we've seen 2,200W rated vacuums draw less than 1,100w, and 1,000w cleaners exceed their rating by up to 200w. Power draw will depend on the power setting and suction mode of a cleaner, if it has them, as well as motor wattage.
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/home-...right/page/0/2