+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Flight chaos knock on effect

Flight chaos knock on effect

Sports events will be cancelled or postponed.
    Cup final will go ahead I guess.

What's on tomorrow and Monday?

Re: Flight chaos knock on effect

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post

Couldn't have happened at a worse time, half term. Some people have been waiting ages fir a holiday. Baggage yesterday, flights today. Shocking

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Couldn't have happened at a worse time, half term. Some people have been waiting ages fir a holiday. Baggage yesterday, flights today. Shocking
    Shocking? Effin shocking? Very annoying perhaps, Monday 10.30 pm was shocking! Some people need to get a grip on reality.

Which events will be cancelled? And why?

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln blue View Post
    Shocking? Effin shocking? Very annoying perhaps, Monday 10.30 pm was shocking! Some people need to get a grip on reality.
    I reckon goats means that a computer failure causing thousands of people's holidays to be ruined is relatively shocking.

Obviously, not quite as shocking as a bomb, but I'm sure things other than bombs will one day be allowed to be 'shocking' again. If you'll allow that to happen, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post

It's just another panic Monday.

Call me old fashion but these things never happened when we used pen and paper

And last week they came out and said they were doing away with air traffic control centre at London City Airport. A virtual tower would be operated from 100 miles away. Reliant 100% on computers but perfectly safe!!! Yes, I.T never fails does it.

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln blue View Post
    Yes it is shocking given they are in charge of flying families around the world and a computer glitch can cause so may cancellations.

A "power supply" issue

There is more to this and it just builds on the ransomware attack.

There was always discussion of what will occur when airport security and cyberware. The result will not be good.

That is before you go into the fact many families will slave away for months, only to have their 1 break cancelled. And most kids best memories come on holiday.

If you wanted you could be in a constant state of shock as tragic things like Monday occur in most places around the world weekly/monthly. We are all citizens of the world, and all that.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    I reckon goats means that a computer failure causing thousands of people's holidays to be ruined is relatively shocking.

Obviously, not quite as shocking as a bomb, but I'm sure things other than bombs will one day be allowed to be 'shocking' again. If you'll allow that to happen, obviously.
    It is and affected people I know....shocking admin by ba on one if the busiest weekends of the year. Whatever you say Lincoln....