+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which event in history would you change?

Re: Which event in history would you change?

England winning the 1966 world cup, more than 50 years later and it still seems like yesterday.

2010 Play off final.

The point in evolution which decided that the egotistical drive for power wasn't worth worrying about and would probably sort itself out eventually.

And another vote for the play off final, obvs.

Tony Blair taking us to war in Iraq.

I struggle to accept him floating around the middle east as though he doesnt have a care in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus_Mills View Post
    England winning the 1966 world cup, more than 50 years later and it still seems like yesterday.
    Well, the media keep telling us like it WAS yesterday!

Go back to 6th centuryMecca and cut of a certain persons fingers before he could write a certain book.

Apart from the obvious relating to wars, etc.
    Two spring to mind.
    The assassination of Martin Luther King. He knew it was only a matter of time before it would sadly happen.
    If he remained alive to this day, maybe America and much of the world would be a significantly better place.
    In my opinion, despite hair faults, one of the most humble and beautiful souls to have walked this planet.
    Second would be for Jim Hendrix not to have died in such suspicious circumstances and to have lived to this day. Certainly the most important, innovative and creative musician yet to grace the musical world. In less than 4 short years and ever developing he died aged only 27, leaving behind a body of work and true innovation, especially live that most of his compatriots, who have lived 50 years more, can only dream of.

The fact that Henry VIII never had a male kid from his first wife,we would have still been a Catholic country (I'm not religious) and would have saved a lot of lives in his time and a lot more through the centuries and up to more recent times

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    The fact that Henry VIII never had a male kid from his first wife,we would have still been a Catholic country (I'm not religious) and would have saved a lot of lives in his time and a lot more through the centuries and up to more recent times

Bloody hell, this is deep and thought provoking for you

This must have given you a right headache