Thread: Players were supposed to be signing

Players were supposed to be signing

Over the last week or so we've had 5 names linked to us

Lee Camp

Callum Patterson

Joe Ledley

Jonny Hayes

Danny Ward

What chance do you think we have of seeing any of the above playing for us next season?

and would you be happy if these transfers come off?

Re: Players were supposed to be signing

Cunningham at Preston too

Just going by the reports I'd say Hayes is probably unlikely, but a decent chance on the other 4.

Camp in as 2nd choice keeper
    Patterson heavily linked
    Ledley will be rolled out as the big signing
    Ward maybe more difficult due to fee, but may be Warnocks choice on striker.

Hope the £1m or whatever we've missed out on with Hull going down isn't going to cause us to miss a target or 2

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Just going by the reports I'd say Hayes is probably unlikely, but a decent chance on the other 4.

Patterson heavily linked

Hope the £1m or whatever we've missed out on with Hull going down isn't going to cause us to miss a target or 2
    We will recoup that with all the stay away fans returning next year , I guess all CCMB members living in Cardiff will be there .

Banned

All British journey men none of them will bump up season ticket sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    We haven't had a signing that has whetted the appetite for a number of seasons now. Bellamy or possibly Gary Medel would have been the last ones.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    We haven't had a signing that has whetted the appetite for a number of seasons now. Bellamy or possibly Gary Medel would have been the last ones.
    Our best chance of promotion is to have 25000 people cheering the team on. Unless we can bring in a player like the 2 you mentioned we will struggle.

Unlike Slade's galacticos of course

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Unlike Slade's galacticos of course
    Why do you keep harping on about our previous manager?
    One thing I have noticed about you is your difficulty in contributing
    anything useful to the thread topic.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Over the last week or so we've had 5 names linked to us

Lee Camp

Callum Patterson

Joe Ledley

Jonny Hayes

Danny Ward

What chance do you think we have of seeing any of the above playing for us next season?

and would you be happy if these transfers come off?
    Yes please on Ledley and Patterson (provided the later's ACL is in good shape). Have a good feeling those rumours could have something to them... If the Danny Ward was the one owned by Liverpool I'd say yes to that one too.

Why do you keep harping on about our previous manager?
    One thing I have noticed about you is your difficulty in contributing
    anything useful to the thread topic.
    Breathtaking irony there mate.

Personally I'd like to see Ledley back.

And I'd prefer to have people buying season tickets because they are city supporters, to just because they want to watch a specific player, then fail to renew when said player leaves.

Good enough for you?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Breathtaking irony there mate.

Personally I'd like to see Ledley back.

And I'd prefer to have people buying season tickets because they are city supporters, to just because they want to watch a specific player, then fail to renew when said player leaves.

Good enough for you?
    I must plead guilty to jumping in on Slade threads but the difference is I do it for fairness. Try it some time

I must plead guilty to jumping in on Slade threads but the difference is I do it for fairness. Try it some time
    I think you'll find that I have previously stated that Slade had a thankless job, achieved his objectives and was treated harshly by the club.
    That said, I found his style of football to be extremely boring.

A large part of the reason he gets as much stick on here as he does is because it winds you and Chepstow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Yes please on Ledley and Patterson (provided the later's ACL is in good shape). Have a good feeling those rumours could have something to them... If the Danny Ward was the one owned by Liverpool I'd say yes to that one too.
    This one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_...er,_born_1990)

Not that one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_...er,_born_1993)

Sam Galllagher is another mentioned but seems to be out of our range

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

Patterson heavily linked

We are after 2 keepers so if Neil Etheridge signs (& there looks to be a good chance that he will) then I think he will be our No.2 keeper. If Camp also signs then it is likely that he will be our No.1. I think that we can do better although if this does happen then I will feel comfortable as Warnock & Dibble know Camp very well. All very harsh on Brian Murphy as he has done a good job when called upon & is more than capable of being our No.2.

I am feeling more & more confident about Callum Paterson coming to us & this could even be announced this week noting that he will be out of contract on Thursday.

I would love to see Joe Ledley back here & this rumour appears to be gathering momentum.

Danny Ward can play out wide & up front so has the versatility that Warnock likes. With us needing a bigger goal scoring threat & Nooney being told that he can go, signing Ward would make sense so there could be something in it.

Warnock should generate funds via player sales (Noone, Huws & possibly Pilkington) so should get some spending flexibility this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Sam Galllagher is another mentioned but seems to be out of our range
    £7m fee mentioned last week so if true out of our range as you say

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    We are after 2 keepers so if Neil Etheridge signs (& there looks to be a good chance that he will) then I think he will be our No.2 keeper. If Camp also signs then it is likely that he will be our No.1. I think that we can do better although if this does happen then I will feel comfortable as Warnock & Dibble know Camp very well. All very harsh on Brian Murphy as he has done a good job when called upon & is more than capable of being our No.2.

I am feeling more & more confident about Callum Paterson coming to us & this could even be announced this week noting that he will be out of contract on Thursday.

I would love to see Joe Ledley back here & this rumour appears to be gathering momentum.

Danny Ward can play out wide & up front so has the versatility that Warnock likes. With us needing a bigger goal scoring threat & Nooney being told that he can go, signing Ward would make sense so there could be something in it.

Warnock should generate funds via player sales (Noone, Huws & possibly Pilkington) so should get some spending flexibility this way.
    Actually Paterson's contract ends 30th June

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Actually Paterson's contract ends 30th June

You were corrected on a previous thread, it expires 31 May 2017